Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Better butter for stretch marks

(10 Posts)
daerwen Sun 11-Nov-12 06:10:48

Hi, which cocoa butter is better in.preventing stretch marks? Palmer's or The Body Shop's?

ZuleikaD Sun 11-Nov-12 06:14:20

Nothing that you can put on your skin prevents stretch marks. Your predisposition to them is genetic - some women get them, some don't. The tears happen deep within the dermis and nothing cosmetic that you put on your skin could penetrate that far.

The only benefit to stretch mark cream is that you skin will feel softer and as your bump grows, won't itch as much.

Pritchyx Sun 11-Nov-12 12:19:12

I used palmers cocoa butter AND bio oil twice a day and ive started getting small stretch marks on my boobs sad but then again they have grown huge and I'm only 13+5 weeks sad

amarylisnightandday Sun 11-Nov-12 12:21:17

Rescue oil (cheaper bio oil) is good and a bit thinner.
After dd1 and trying everything the only thing I found helpful was firming cream. The garnier green bottle varieties - that seemed to help much more than cocoa butter etc - well for me anyway

daerwen Mon 12-Nov-12 07:42:08

awww ok ill just accept the fact that i will have it cus my mom does. sad i find it hard to straighten my back after a hearty meal cus i feel that my tummy's gonna break! the butter might help i guess.

EggsMichelle Mon 12-Nov-12 09:36:12

Mine started at about 34wks, and no you can't stop them but I find body shop butter is great as its soft and easy to rub in and very cooling on the itches.

NervousAt20 Mon 12-Nov-12 09:38:02

I used palmers everyday and had 2 or 3 little stretch marks, as soon as I had my DD I got absolutely loads!

iamwhaticallpregnant Mon 12-Nov-12 17:33:36

Palmers has been recommended to me by friends who used it and have no stretch ms. It might not make an ounce of difference but im going to start today.

daerwen Tue 13-Nov-12 06:22:21

but isn't palmer's smell stinks? hmmm these butters doesn't have any effects on the baby right.. im a lil worried it may get into my pores

ZuleikaD Tue 13-Nov-12 07:36:32

No, these butters can't penetrate your skin and definitely can't have any effect on the baby.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now