Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

when to buy bras?

(9 Posts)
utopian99 Sat 10-Nov-12 21:58:37

First-timer question: when and how do you buy nursing bras? Presumably until your milk comes in you don't know what size you'll end up but what about the first few days? Muddle through?

BuntyCollocks Sat 10-Nov-12 22:06:28

Don't buy anything until after your milk comes in. Get some maternity/nursing sleep bras which have stretch in them - pretty much like glorified crop tops but with clips so you can drop a side to feed. They'll do you until you can get properly measured.

The last thing you want is an ill fitting bra on engorged boobs, trust me; ended up with mastitis on day 14 sad

chocolateteabag Sat 10-Nov-12 22:47:24

I ordered a load from an online company in different sizes as soon as milk had come in and sent the ones That didn't fit back.
You could get a couple of soft crop top ones just to have beforehand, but you will get time to order some in the first couple of weeks

I had to get underwired ones as the non wired ones gave me a mono boob which was really uncomfortable

chocolateteabag Sat 10-Nov-12 22:48:39

I know that it's not recommended to wear wired bras, but you can get them for nursing in and they were soooo comfortable

utopian99 Sun 11-Nov-12 08:22:09

Ok, will get onto finding a cheap soft one just till milk's in... Any recommendations?

BuntyCollocks Sun 11-Nov-12 08:57:49

I just got them from mothercare.

Phoenixflame Sun 11-Nov-12 09:54:53

I'd recommend bravado bras especially if your not sure about sizing because their bras have flexible sizing. I used them when I had my DS and I found them perfect. I still use them now when I can't be bothered with underwire and he's now 19months! I got them from here: www.nursingbra-shop.co.uk/ I found them to have the best prices. But shop round cos you could find a bargain.

rogersmellyonthetelly Mon 12-Nov-12 07:10:12

I have just got one of the carriwell seamless nursing bras for the first couple of weeks. They are comfy, quick drying after a wash and ok for sleeping in too. Not brilliantly supportive but at that stage, I just need something to keep my boobs off the floor and to stick the breast pads to. Once my milk has settled down I'll go to bravissimo and get a couple of proper nursing bras.

chocolateteabag Tue 13-Nov-12 12:56:11

Just checked and I got mine from the nursing bra shop as well

I got the Anita wired nursing bra in white and black - they were so comfortable

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now