Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Lustral in pregnancy dosage???

(5 Posts)
Blundermum Sat 10-Nov-12 16:41:27

Hi, I've just started taking Lustral (setraline) in my 14th week of pregnancy.
I've been on Fluoxetine and Citalopram for years as I have a history of OCD and depression and tried to stop when I discovered I was pregnant however, I went downhill so GP advised this particular antidepressant.
I'm a bit confused as he advised me to take 50mg three times a day and I noticed it said on the label normal dose 50mg once a day!
Is anyone else pregnant and on this?

Sproglet Sat 10-Nov-12 16:54:14

Call your GP before you do anything...nobody but your GP will have the answer to your dosage.....unless an out of hours Doctor has access to your notes you could try that ?xx

Paradisefound Sat 10-Nov-12 17:01:23

I am pregnant and taking sertraline 50 mg once per day. You should contact your dr on Monday in the meantime I would stick to what it says on the label - 50mg per day.

I will add that before being pregnant I was on 100mg but i was advised to reduce the dose if possible while pregnant. 150mg for someone starting on sertraline seems very high to me.

Hope you feel better soon and phone your dr.
Take care.

Blundermum Sat 10-Nov-12 17:21:30

Thanks very much, yes I think I'll stick to the 50mg once a day and phone him on Monday.
I've allready done three months...how much more mad can I do in two days? hmm
xx

TwitchyTail Sat 10-Nov-12 19:15:00

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now