Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

"It's still in there then?!"...

(17 Posts)
MickeyTheShortOne Sat 10-Nov-12 16:04:16

The next person to look at my quite, obvious, pronounced, 40 F'ING WEEKS BIG bump, and ask me this question will be shot at dawn.

Overdue? Come snarl with me.

I'm only overdue two days dear god help me

Cacacaz Sat 10-Nov-12 16:10:33

I hear you, I'm 40+6 today and have had this all week. It is seriously wearing thin now between the complete lack if sleep, pelvic pain and hormones I may actually end up throttling someone.

nickelrocketgoBooooooom Sat 10-Nov-12 16:12:31

brew

i had this last year - she was 15 days over in the end.
i went from "due in 2 weeks grin" to "due today actually smile" to "any day now! hmm" to "no, she won't be a fucking christmas baby you fucking twat now fuck off! angry"

nickelrocketgoBooooooom Sat 10-Nov-12 16:13:44

(i went with any day now after she was due because it stopped the questions and comments on Jill's aunt's friend's cousin being 5 weeks overdue and aren't you annoyed etc etc)

Wolfiefan Sat 10-Nov-12 16:15:38

Tell them you HAVE had the baby and it is rude to comment on the insy bit of weight you've put on!
Or yy to shooting at dawn.

MickeyTheShortOne Sat 10-Nov-12 16:16:25

"no, she won't be a fucking christmas baby you fucking twat now fuck off! " grin

When asked earlier I actually called upon my non-existent store of wit and managed to quickly reply "No actually I've left the baby in the car!"

TheDetective Sat 10-Nov-12 16:32:48

Hands up! 7 days over for me now!

I feel like a ticking time bomb!

Hormones are the enemy right now! I feel like i'll be returning from mat leave still fucking pregnant hmm

nickelrocketgoBooooooom Sat 10-Nov-12 16:34:24

I was convinced she would never be born grin

i got so used to being pregnant, i thought I always would be...

TheDetective Sat 10-Nov-12 16:41:45

I'm declining induction, so it really does feel like there is no end in sight!

Realistically, there is an end, somewhere! 13 days over with DS, and I did labour. I had a sweep yesterday which failed, as cervix too posterior even though it was apparently favourable at 39 weeks! to reach. I asked for another, guess when it will be?! THURSDAY!! At t+12. I want to cry! I wanted one on monday!!!

Stroppy knickers r us!

nickelrocketgoBooooooom Sat 10-Nov-12 16:45:42

yes, I refused induction too.

i didn't have a sweep either, because they don't work unless they're ready.
(i did accept a vaginal exam with view to a sweep at 40+14, but she said i was already 3cm dilated by then)

Chottie Sat 10-Nov-12 16:48:07

Oh dear! can I reassure you all that sooner or later you WILL give birth smile

TheDetective Sat 10-Nov-12 16:56:11

See, I wasn't having a sweep either, but due to the fact I've been niggling on and off ALL fecking week, I figured I was ready...

Seems not hmm sad

StuntNun Sat 10-Nov-12 16:58:38

I'm only 40+2 so I'm not too fed up yet but my kids are going mental. DS1 asked if I could have the baby this weekend so he would have something to talk about in school on Monday! Tuesday around noon would be good for me!

TheDetective Sat 10-Nov-12 17:00:15

I told myself when I did the food shop last saturday, that this would be the last one before I had the baby. I was soooooooooo wrong grin.

Got to do another one tomorrow sad GUTTED!

MickeyTheShortOne Sat 10-Nov-12 18:45:10

take a big bottle of water in with you and tip it all over the floor and shout "OOoh my waters have broken!!!" You'll get free stuff! Hahaahah

TheDetective Sat 10-Nov-12 19:13:48

Or, as I so eloquently suggested earlier today... just piss yourself grin

MickeyTheShortOne Sun 11-Nov-12 11:26:29

oh so fed up. stretch and sweep in a couple of hours.. was really hoping i could avoid having this one!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now