Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pains in lower abdomen

(4 Posts)
themammy73 Fri 09-Nov-12 21:03:45

Hi. I'm 30 weeks pregnant with DC4 and over the past week have been experiencing pains in my lower abdomen, sort of at the bottom of the bump. No tightening and definitely don't feel like the Braxton Hicks pains I might have had in previous pregnancies: more of a stitch-like pain rather than a crampy pain. They can be quite painful and would last about a minute or so. It comes and goes and also may only be on one side (not always the same side). I had a hospital appt on Weds and the midwife was unsure and said to mention it to the consultant which I did, who remarked as my urine was all clear it was nothing to worry about! Just wondering if this is a stretching pain or another kind of BH type pain that I haven't experienced before? smile Many thanks in advance.

spandau1980 Sat 10-Nov-12 08:19:04

Iv had no end of pain this pregnancy... i had twins and single but that was eleven n eight yrs ago... my body isn't liking one bit but baby seems absolutely fine! Iv seen docs midwives consultants all with horrid pain.. but seems part of course and i Hav pain everyday sad i still panic but baby seems hunky dori smile xx

FranTan Sat 10-Nov-12 08:21:23

Interesting, I've been getting this pain too over the past couple of days. Usually in my right lower abdomen and it feels quite sharp and makes me stop in my tracks. No idea what it is .......

p.s am 37+6

themammy73 Sun 11-Nov-12 09:34:53

Thanks ladies, I appreciate the responses. Good to know I'm not alone! This morning I'm actually thinking it's ligament-related as turning over in bed sort of brought it on. I've suffered with SPD in two previous pregnancies and have mostly been getting away with it this time with being very careful and my physio exercises but even so I have been feeling SPD symptoms in the past few days; thinking it's all related. I happen to work with my physio so will try to ask her tomorrow and let you know what she says!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now