Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

vicks vapour rub while pregnant?

(7 Posts)
ditsydoll Fri 09-Nov-12 20:06:18

Just out of first trimester, full of cold and iv got a temperature boohoo sad poor DD is ill too and she's got sniffle babe (basically vicks vapour rub) on her chest to help with her breathing.

Dying to rub some on for abit of relief from the stuffiness... is it ok during pregnancy?

anklebitersmum Fri 09-Nov-12 20:11:23

Just read the whole box and the bottley thing in our cupboard and it doesn't say not for pregnant people. If that helps?

ditsydoll Fri 09-Nov-12 20:16:34

Thanks anklebiter smile the snuggle babe obviously isn't meant for adults so didn't mention anything lol

I think ill slather abit on, I'm getting the fumes from poor DD lying next to me covered in it anyway lol

TwitchyTail Fri 09-Nov-12 20:28:53

Really can't see why not. It's just menthol and stuff isn't it?

missingmymarbles Fri 09-Nov-12 21:04:03

I had a stinker of a cold when I was about 15 weeks and my GP recommended it as other solutions are limited smile

lollypopsicle Fri 09-Nov-12 22:17:44

It may be dated info but I have heard Vicks is not ok when pg as it can cause uterus contractions!?! This was about 5 yrs ago and it did say on the box at the time that it was not suitable when pg.
This advice may have changed since then so don't take my word for it!

Missmuffet28 Fri 09-Nov-12 22:21:37

I asked last week as was feeling really miserable with a cold and was told to put it on really thinly if I had to that was from the pharmacist I didn't really trust her opinion tho to be honest she spent a few mins reading the instructions then kinda um'd and ahh'd about her answer I did put a bit on a tissue and sniff it tho smile don't know that it would make much difference to rubbing it on however!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now