Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Moses basket mattress? Which one is best?

(6 Posts)
chocorocco Fri 09-Nov-12 19:32:37

I've got a second hand basket but know you should replace the mattress. I can't afford to spend a fortune but obviously want baby to be safe and comfy.

I got one from babies r us which is just pvc and doesn't look comfy it also has no air holes i've gone right off it think i'll return it.

Are the airflow ones best? I've also seen new ones on ebay and amazon at a reasonable price but am unsure if it's ok to buy from here?

Any advice??

Iggly Fri 09-Nov-12 19:33:23

The plastic ones are noisy! John Lewis do a nice one.

Mummyof3tobe Fri 09-Nov-12 19:52:20

I have a fairly cheaply PVC one from John Lewis. Probably was a bit noisy come to think of it. BUT it is also easy to clean if/when they vomit in the basket. I don't think you need a very supportive mattress as they are so small. Wouldn't spend a fortune either as they aren't in the basket that long. Save it for a good cot mattress.

Chunkychicken Fri 09-Nov-12 20:21:12

I got a more expensive mothercare one first time around, but it just wasn't worth it; my DD was too wriggly to stay in the Moses basket beyond 9wks. This time I bought a £12 one from John Lewis and it looks just fine to me. Has a washable cover for vomiting/pooing incidents, but muslin cloths and plenty of sheet changes will prob prevent this being necessary under normal circumstances.

TheDetective Sat 10-Nov-12 15:38:11

I got one from JL too, I got the £20 one, and it seems very comfy and supportive. I've also put a sheepskin liner on top for extra comfort. I'm determined to get this baby to sleep in the moses basket...! I've gone for the most comfortable affordable mattresses/blankets/bedding I could find. I figured that I sleep better in comfort, so maybe baby will too... <wishful thinking>

chocolateteabag Sat 10-Nov-12 17:15:10

My DS was out of the moses basket at 6-7weeks - we had a cheapy m,attress and wrapped an extra sheet round it.

I would save your money on the moses basket and spend it on the best cot bed mattress you can. They spend far longer in there and will move around much more too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now