Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Henna!

(7 Posts)
Riotgrrrl Fri 09-Nov-12 16:37:46

Can I use henna hair dye whilst pregnant? My roots are almost to my ears. Something must be done!

Fluffeh Fri 09-Nov-12 16:51:09

I've been using it as normal every 4 weeks. I buy mine from Lush and they said its totally safe in pregnancy so I guess other brands would be too smile.

MahnaMahna Sun 11-Nov-12 16:15:47

I work for Lush and it is safe. It coats the hair rather than penetrating the follicles. Plus it's semi-perm so you have the option of washing it out smile

It leaves your hair so soft too!! x

GobblersSparklyExplodingKnob Sun 11-Nov-12 16:19:41

MahnaMahna please don't tell any customers that it is semi-permanent and washes out shock I think you need to ask to repeat the henna training.

Flibbertyjibbet Sun 11-Nov-12 16:28:03

No its definitely not semi permenant and does not wash out!

It doesn't even fade much over time like the chemical permenants do.

I hennaed my reddish hair for a few years to liven it up. Then as I started to go grey, the grey hairs go orange...

So I decided to stop using henna and have professional colours done. No hairdresser would touch me as it permenantly coats the hair and gives very unpredictable results when you put anything else on it.

I had no option but to spend a year growing it out, which after 6 months of feeling and looking an absolutel mess, meant having a very short hair cut.

Henna is not only permenant, but if you get fed up of it or decide to go back to 'normal' colouring after the baby is born, you may find that hairdressers won't touch it.

Try asking a hairdresser about henna, they will suck their teeth and look frightened.

Riotgrrrl Sun 11-Nov-12 16:37:31

Hi everyone, thanks for the messages. I'm going to go for it! Am using brown henna-hope that doesn't make a difference! Last used henna at Christmas and had glossing done in the summer which has lasted forever but have massive roots now. Something must be done. Thanks again x

GobblersSparklyExplodingKnob Sun 11-Nov-12 16:54:26

Hope it goes well and you like the colour you get. I love my henna'ed hair and would never go back to chemical colour.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now