Advanced search

pain killers

(7 Posts)
worsestershiresauce Fri 09-Nov-12 15:44:05

I have stupidly managed to tear the muscles in my back and am in agony. Is there anything I can take? Right now I just want to cry, but I don't think that will actually solve the problem!!

PeshwariNaan Fri 09-Nov-12 16:36:56

Paracetamol is the only thing allowed as far as I know. Do check with your GP as soon as possible as that sounds horrible! They may be able to give you something else.

emeraldgirl1 Fri 09-Nov-12 16:39:18

Paracetemol are fine, I think there is something else (co-codamol???) that you can take if pain too bad BUT I am absolutely sure that you would ned to check with a GP (maybe get a prescription too?) before you take that. Paracetemol at the maximum dose - 4x 2 tablets a day - is fine though. Have just been reassured of this myself by obstetrician.

Also - warm bath? Hot water bottle?

RightUpMyRue Fri 09-Nov-12 16:43:30

You can have codeine but best to have that prescribed by your GP or at very the least speak to the pharmacist first.

Cura heat pads are lovely. There about a fiver for a two pack and each pad lasts about 12 hours. They stick onto your skin and heat up. They won't cure you but they do feel nice.

EwanHoozami Fri 09-Nov-12 16:44:33

co codamol is fine but you can't be sold them OTC while pg so you'll need a script.

worsestershiresauce Fri 09-Nov-12 17:00:11

Thanks everyone - I'll get some paracetamol and speak to the pharmacist tomorrow.

LilllyV Fri 09-Nov-12 17:04:20

My sister did something similar and she was told ONLY PARACETEMOL.
Sorry I couldn't be more helpful!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: