Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Can I have dental work whilst pregnant?

(3 Posts)
Clarabell78 Fri 09-Nov-12 13:15:33

I have just found out I am preg (yippee!) around 5 weeks. Before I found out I had booked in at the dentist to have 3 crowns and 3 veneers and I am wondering whether it's ok to go ahead with the treatment? I know dental work (not cosmetic) is free during pregnancy which would suggest it's safe but i'm not sure!

GwendolynMoon Fri 09-Nov-12 13:32:20

Congrats! Re. dental work you will need to check with your dentist as it does depend on the work. I am currently 27 weeks and have had a bit of work done...my dentist has fitted me with two temporary fillings and is going to give me permanent ones once baby has arrived and I can have x-rays etc. So I think it depends on the nature of what you need done and what your dentist is happy to do.

Billiecat Fri 09-Nov-12 13:43:01

I know they are wary of doing metal fillings due to the dangers of mercury poisoning, but I had a couple of white fillings at about 25 weeks. I would give them a call and ask before your appointment.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now