Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Where's my bump gone?

(10 Posts)
PipIsOutNow Fri 09-Nov-12 12:08:05

I'm 28 weeks in my 2nd pregnancy and since 20 weeks have had an obvious bump. Last week even got told by my midwife I looked huge for how far I was and was measuring 2 weeks ahead this morning I don't have a bump at all! It's gone?! I don't understand :/ I know baby can change position but would a change of position really make such a huge difference to my physical appearance bump wise? I'm a bit worried

BigW Fri 09-Nov-12 13:00:33

You definitely haven't lost any fluid?

PipIsOutNow Fri 09-Nov-12 13:14:14

No it would be obvious wouldn't it? As in wet knickers obvious?

crunchingautumnleaves Fri 09-Nov-12 14:05:34

After first pregnancy, your uterus is more stretchy and babies can really adopt more funky positions (generally speaking). My little one would flomp right forwards, making my bump look & measure enormous. But then a few times would be more inside my body (rather than hanging right outside of it), if that makes sense? But I'd recommend phoning your mw or turning up at maternal assessment unit to double-check thjngs are ok, rather than worry over the weekend.

anastaisia Fri 09-Nov-12 16:05:56

I remember being massive with my first baby, I think it was around 35/6 weeks, and at a yoga class. I did the tree posture and my bump visibly shrank as I was watching! We think the baby's head had moved right down.

This time (second pregnancy) the size seems to have gone up and down lots of times so it seems normal to me but maybe worth checking out if it doesn't seem right?

PipIsOutNow Fri 09-Nov-12 16:09:06

Seems to have cOme back a bit now. How strange! I swear I had no bump at all earlier!! He must have his somewhere!

LilllyV Fri 09-Nov-12 17:06:23

Mine kind of changes in size too! It's smaller in the morning and much larger by the time I go to bed!

TwitchyTail Fri 09-Nov-12 19:08:38

Mine changes size a lot. Even others notice! It seems to be mainly fluid retention coming and going. Also it's very affected by how much I've had to eat.

zigwig Fri 09-Nov-12 19:25:21

I'm in Lilly's camp. It's loads smaller when I've just got out of bed and seems to double by the time I get ready for bed at night. I assume he moves back while I'm asleep!

TodaysAGoodDay Fri 09-Nov-12 19:41:53

My bump used to change every day, especially after 25 weeks. He'd be sticking out later in the afternoon, but almost non-existant in the mornings. It was a bit disconcerting. Don't worry, the bump size really does vary from day to day and week to week.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now