Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Itchy Nipples

(7 Posts)

This has probably been asked many times, but I was wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction for effective relief from itchy nipples! They are driving me mad! Currently sat at my desk in the office wishing I could cut them off!

Tugstonia Fri 09-Nov-12 12:43:30

Ooh me too! Just my left nipple but driving me mental!! Lansinoh nip cream has been suggested and I will slathering it on when I get home. Good luck and hope you can get some relief!

notnagging Fri 09-Nov-12 12:47:50

I love lansinoh. It is pricey and they've shrunk the tube ( about £10) but its the only one you can leave on when feeding. It does stain though so put some breast pads inside your bra.

crunchingautumnleaves Fri 09-Nov-12 13:56:25

As well as cream, definitely find some soft nursing pads cos bras can really add to the itchiness. My favourites for softness are asda's little angels range, johnsons, and tommee tippee. Tommee tippee are individually wrapped so handy for popping spare ones in handbag. Can't speak of lansinoh cream but I'd avoid their nursing pads - found them rather scratchy. But that was a few years ago so they may have changed.

rrreow Fri 09-Nov-12 15:12:14

Lansinoh is great! It's expensive but you only need a tiny bit, so it'll last for ages (I still have some left from last pregnancy + 1 year of BF). If you're not actually BF yet (since you're posting in the Pregnancy forum?) you might be able to use a cheaper alternative e.g. one you'd have to wipe off before feeding your baby. Lansinoh is especially suited once you are BFing because you don't have to wipe it off.

Thanks ladies grin managed to get some after work. Aaah the relief smile

zigwig Fri 09-Nov-12 22:00:53

Oooh thank you so much. I just started with this yesterday and it's driving me mad. I'll try get some lansinoh tomorrow!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now