Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Anyone else really impatient to have their baby in their arms?

(16 Posts)
WendyWillow Fri 09-Nov-12 09:42:15

Just the last couple of days I've become so impatient to have my baby, at the point where I just want to have a tantrum because I want her now! The problem is I'm only 26 +1, I have forever to go.... am I just going to get more impatient as the days drag on?

X

Themilkyboobsareonme Fri 09-Nov-12 10:26:19

I feel like that. I'm 35 weeks but have definitely felt that since about 25 weeks. It's frustrating

Kafri Fri 09-Nov-12 10:41:52

Me too! 34 weeks here so heading in the right direction!x

stowsettler Fri 09-Nov-12 10:46:43

Oooh I'm 26+2, WendyWillow, you're the closest person to me on due date I've seen on MN!
I'm just really impatient to finish work and not be pregnant any more. I'm trying to go with the flow and not stress too much about how much longer I've got to go for both work and pregnancy!

Wishfulmakeupping Fri 09-Nov-12 10:48:46

Me too, I'm 28+2 hopefully Xmas will make time go quicker for us all

KentuckyFriedChildren Fri 09-Nov-12 10:54:50

Yup. I am 34 wks and this is my 3rd and longest pg yet and its dragging. Tbf I will def have baby in the next 4 wks either naturally or by induction but that's aaaaages. I have medical issues that mean 3 hospital apps every week and it is getting really shit having to go back and forth especially as I don't drive and live in the sticks so it takes an hour and 2 busesto get there. I wish baby would hurry up. This is bloody good innings for me and I'm feeling overstretched and fed up!

Splinters Fri 09-Nov-12 11:41:54

Yes, and I'm finding it slightly confusing.. I want to hold the baby in my arms, but I know when I do, I'll also miss having it inside me. And I also know dh and I should be making the most of this time, our last few months just the two of us, but we're so impatient. Even though, obviously, I don't want it to be born at 25 weeks.. DH is also desperate to hold his baby, and I really want to see the two of them together.

Wishfulmakeupping Fri 09-Nov-12 11:45:08

I'm the same splinters just want to see Oh cuddling the baby he's desperate to meet her But know we will have to wait a whole yet

WendyWillow Fri 09-Nov-12 12:04:55

Definitely, you want to try to enjoy where you are, we went through IVF to get here so may never be pregnant again so I should really try to savour all the movements etc, but....

I really want to know what colour her eyes are, see if she sucks her thumb, see whose nose she inherits (hopefully not mine!), see if her hair will be curly or straight, watch her curl up asleep on OH's chest when we have a cosy afternoon in front of the fire with snow outside (rosy tinted specs on here), so many things to find out about her.

All I can say is well done to all those over 30 weeks and haven't gone crazy yet with impatience, you have my admiration!

GwendolynMoon Fri 09-Nov-12 13:44:30

I am 27+4 and have moments of total impatience and feeling so desperate for little one to arrive (and as Wendy says know eye colour etc. and for us gender as we have chosen to keep it a surprise!) but then also feel like I have lots to do and prepare before the big day so glad I still have some time.....but yes, am mainly impatient! wink

rrreow Fri 09-Nov-12 15:25:09

Yes.. I'm only 9 weeks. I am very impatient! I thought second pregnancies were supposed to go quicker because you're too busy to really think about it, but currently I'm too sick to be too busy!

rogersmellyonthetelly Fri 09-Nov-12 18:54:39

14 weeks until my due date and I'm torn. Half of me is bloody uncomfortable and horribly aware (this being my 3rd baby) that it only gets worse from here on in to the finish line, wants the baby out and is desperate to meet her. The other part of me knows just how Hard it is with a newborn and is not lookin forward to sleepless nights, sore nipples and the general chaos that is involved

cherrypiew3 Fri 09-Nov-12 19:11:49

35+4 here and I have had enough I want my baby now. At the same time this will be my last pregnancy and that makes me a littlesad

Chunkychicken Fri 09-Nov-12 20:31:59

I'm 38+4 and I do feel ready to not be pregnant anymore, however, it struck me the other day that if I am no longer pregnant, it will mean that I have had to give birth and have a newborn to look after (on too of a 2.6yo)!!! I can't wait to meet him or her but equally am not sure I'm ready to be a new baby's mummy again just yet confused

iloveholidays Fri 09-Nov-12 20:41:14

I'm 40 weeks today... was expecting her a couple of weeks ago as DD1 came at 36+2 and DD2 at 37+4 so can't believe I've got to due date!!

I was slowly going round the bend a couple of weeks ago, but feel like I've given up now... expecting to get induced week after next!!! sad

Can't wait to not be pregnant, although scared at the prospect of looking after 3!! smile

StrawberriesTasteLikeLipsDo Fri 09-Nov-12 20:42:03

Meee smile got my ELCS date today, 6 weeks today, cant wait!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now