Talk

Advanced search

pre eclampsia at 35+wks - def early baby or what?

(6 Posts)
MummyElk Thu 08-Nov-12 23:24:06

I'm 35+5 with dc3, never had bp problems with either pg before...
had a couple of incidents this week - higher than usual bp, flashing lights, protein in urine (thinking of it I've had that a few weeks now)
anyway i'm now at assessment unit and they say whilst my bp isn't horrendous, its high for me, and my proteininurea levels are over 80 where they should be 30....confused
am being kept in whilst they work out what to do.
my question is: is it most likely pre eclampsia?
and do you think i'll carry this baby to term (not far off now) or will they induce me or what?
slightly confused.....

curiousgeorgie Thu 08-Nov-12 23:48:06

Don't know too much about it but a friend of mine was diagnosed with pre eclampsia and given an emcs. A few weeks earlier than you though. He's fine and so is she!

Good luck!

MummyElk Fri 09-Nov-12 07:54:36

Thanks curious. I'm sure will be fine. Eek.
Just not sure if I should expect the inevitable earlier baby or of this will so quieten down and I'll get to go home!

PipIsOutNow Fri 09-Nov-12 09:27:40

I had pre eclampsia from 35 weeks with horrendously high blood pressure. They kept me in and medicated the blood pressure and induced me at 37 weeks. Chances are if your bp stays so it's not too dangerous (mine was something like 170/110) then they'll let u go home but they may induce you early. Hope this helps.

MummyElk Fri 09-Nov-12 11:10:06

Thank you pip. That's really helpful.
Was inducing awful? I had horrible time with dd1 and being induced as I wasn't ready. Dd2 shot out with no help. So not sure how this one will go.
I think the current plan is to get me to 37wks if at all possible, as you say. Some mention of going home next week if its all quiet but too risky at moment.
Bp is okish at the moment. Poor you that does sound like it was high. Glad all ok now.

seven77 Fri 09-Nov-12 11:51:41

I was being kept in for monitoring of pre-eclampsia with DS. My blood pressure was very high (200/110 at one point!) and they talked about inducing me at 36 weeks. I imagine they'll let you go to 37 weeks unless your BP suddenly shoots up, can't see them letting you go longer though as 37 weeks is classed as full-term. FWIW I went into labour anyway at 35+5, DS was small (4lb9oz) but fine, didnt even need SCBU and we came home after 3 days.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now