Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Happy, Scared!, Happy, Scared! = 2nd pregnancy!

(10 Posts)
Rosiesharples Thu 08-Nov-12 14:58:30

Have just found out Im pregnant (happy bit!) have a 5 yr old DD already (also happy bit) however, my rose tinted memories of my first pregnancy and labour have just disintergrated with that positive pregancy test and Im remembering all the not so good bits! Any second time mums out there that have left a big gap between bubbas and are totally out of baby mode??
Also just remembered I shouldn't eat parma ham!! Gutted!!

cupcake78 Thu 08-Nov-12 15:32:53

I'm sure this is normal. I'm 7weeks pregnant with dc 2, ds is 5. It all seemed like such a great idea until the sickness, tiredness etc kicked in. I am now questioning my wisdom as the memories of sleepless nights etc hit.

F1rstT1meMummy Thu 08-Nov-12 15:41:23

Second here to but dd is 16 months and still not sleeping! Nearly six weeks and I never remembering feeling this tired with my dd!

TTCmay Thu 08-Nov-12 16:00:24

Im exactly the same! DD is 5 and fantastic. 6 weeks pg (known for nearly 3 weeks already!) and feel so tired- don't remember that. And this morning I was sick for first time ever (pregnancy enduced). Have a feeling this will not be easy, esp when I think of reflux, carpel tunnel and terrible birth!!

Was thinking I am that bit older now...

Still am super pleased....

likesoxinbed Thu 08-Nov-12 16:01:46

Big gap? I've just found a surprise BFP - my DS is 13 - years not months...

Happy/scared/happy/scared oh yes doing that too!!

I'm worried all my friends and family will think we're mad/stupid/foolish and feel sorry for us. Still only very early days so will be crossing fingers and keeping quiet for a while but I am quite frankly dreading it showing and telling anyone. Not sure what DS will think. Know my own parents will be horrified..

Only upside is OH is very happy and know his Mum will be too. I come on here because noone else knows - at least I can mention it on here!

Congratulations - I'm happy for you too! xx

FlaminNoraImPregnantPanda Thu 08-Nov-12 16:02:01

Well I'm on my second 20 years after my first. Any memories of that one have faded into the mists of time. I'm terrified that I'm going to be expected to know stuff when in fact I'm more like a first time mum. Again.

likesoxinbed Thu 08-Nov-12 17:34:58

Glad I am not alone. Congratulations to you all.

FlaminNora when are you due? Have you told your 20yr old yet? Sorry to ask just curious how people's reactions were..

Think the rest of us are all early days and due end June/beginning July?
A 5yr age gap sounds very sensible to me. Nora and I we're starting all over again - though I think I will appreciate the significance of it all this time around.
First time it just all sort of happened and I never thought much of it.

FlaminNoraImPregnantPanda Thu 08-Nov-12 18:13:45

I'm due on 6th May. My daughter is over the moon and is already crocheting blankets for her little brother/sister. Although she says she's not babysitting if it's a screamer. My husband's family are also over the moon. This will be their first, possibly only, blood grandchild which they'd resigned themselves to never having. My mum is also very excited. She has lots of grandchildren already, but this one was conceived around the same time my dad died so is a silver lining to a very dark cloud.

Mylittlepuds Thu 08-Nov-12 19:27:22

Eat as much Parma Ham as you like! 'Tis recommended for pregnant women in Italy. I've eaten loads. By the packetful in fact. Now just need to find a country recommending Pâté...

Rosiesharples Thu 08-Nov-12 20:34:42

Congrats ladies! Good to know I'm not alone (and I can eat Parma ham!)
DH and I were laughing earlier about how when we found out I pregnant the first time we went out for a posh dinner and this time we just carried on cooking dinner! How times have changed!!!! Totally worth it though!
With DD I had constant nausea so far this time nothing (she says touching the wooden table repeatedly!) so fingers crossed grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now