Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Headaches and vomiting

(6 Posts)
jimblejambles Thu 08-Nov-12 09:09:14

Apologies for the thread title.
I keep getting really bad headaches above my eyes that make me throw up. Then I feel awful for about an hour and can't stand bright lights.
Then they fade away and I am then starving.
I am 14 weeks pregnant.
Has anyone else had this? Trying to decide if I am getting migraines or this is just another lovely pregnancy symptom.

crunchingautumnleaves Thu 08-Nov-12 12:03:17

Could be all sorts of things - would get it checked out if I were you. One thought though, have you been spending much time on a smartphone. I got horrendous headaches like you described and eyes also felt v sore & bruised - then discovered it was cos I'd spent too much time reading stuff on such a small screen.

HavingALittleFaithBaby Thu 08-Nov-12 21:48:02

I had similar too - I get migraines and it was similar but my migraines linger for 24-48 hours. I found paracetamol and codiene helped and those migraine kool and soothe strips to put on my head. It seemed to take the edge off.

YorkshireRose12 Fri 09-Nov-12 10:04:29

You need to get this checked out asap as it could be a symptom of high blood pressure which could be dangerous for both you and your baby. Ring your MW today and she will advise what best to do - don't worry about "bothering" them, it's what they're there for! Of course, it may well not be anything serious - in which case sorry to alarm you - but better safe than sorry.

IBlameThePenguins Fri 09-Nov-12 11:51:01

I am 21 weeks now, and have been having this since about 8 weeks. I did ask my mw, who checked my bp, which was fine. She did say it was pretty common though, if that helps.

jimblejambles Fri 09-Nov-12 13:07:47

Thank you. Have rung the midwife and just waiting for her to get back in touch

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now