Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

28 weeks and bra digging in top of bump....what bras to buy now?

(24 Posts)
PipIsOutNow Thu 08-Nov-12 09:05:51

I'm guessing it's too early for nursing bras? Do I just go up a back size? I'm finding my bras really uncomfortable as the underwire is digging into the top of my bump sad

MrsHelsBels74 Thu 08-Nov-12 09:10:01

You can get maternity bras but obviously your size might change again over the pregnancy. I recently bought a Belvia bra which is comfy but not that supportive so depends how big your breasts are.

PipIsOutNow Thu 08-Nov-12 09:14:12

Yeah I have quite big boobies. Am in a 38F at the mo. the bra isn't t

PipIsOutNow Thu 08-Nov-12 09:15:53

Stupid phone!! It's not too tight around my back just finding the bottom of the cup is digging in. Where's the best place to get a maternity bra?

mmmnoodlesoup Thu 08-Nov-12 09:19:00

I've been wearing non wired bras from primark for a while now as my normal bras were really hurting. They're so cheap that it won't matter if you grow out of them, which you will!

PipIsOutNow Thu 08-Nov-12 09:22:16

Do they do big ish sizes noodle ?

mmmnoodlesoup Thu 08-Nov-12 09:23:30

Oh yeah! I've seen Fs and Gs there. Go to a big one though if you can

MrsHelsBels74 Thu 08-Nov-12 09:26:07

I got mine from M&S but I'm not particularly large chested, might be worth going to Bravissimo. Mothercare do them too. When I was pregnant with my first they advised against underworked bras but that was a couple of years ago & things might have changed since then!

PipIsOutNow Thu 08-Nov-12 09:27:09

Fab maybe il brave the city centre on the weekend then!!! Thank u!

Anyone know any places that will measure and aren't too pricey? Marks n spencer? I had to wear non wired by the end of my last pregnancy but I'm trying to hold off from wearing granny bras for as long as possible!!! They gave me no shape at all!

WillYouDoTheFandango Thu 08-Nov-12 09:27:40

I have the nurture from Debenhams and it's been really comfortable. I'm a 34F

PipIsOutNow Thu 08-Nov-12 09:28:27

Yes I think underwire is fine so long as the wire doesn't dig in the breast. It's my bump that's suffering!! sad

WillYouDoTheFandango Thu 08-Nov-12 09:28:41

It gives you the nicest shape out of any underwire bras I've found and they measure you too.

PipIsOutNow Thu 08-Nov-12 09:29:43

I love that one fandago !!!

PipIsOutNow Thu 08-Nov-12 09:30:36

Oops my phone auto corrected your name!!! Arrgghh! Yeah it doesn't look non wired at all. I really like it!

dashoflime Thu 08-Nov-12 09:31:48

I've got a super comfy M&S stretchy sportsbra that's seen me through pregnancy and nursing. It does give me a matronly monoboob though.

PipIsOutNow Thu 08-Nov-12 09:34:07

Oh no the dreaded monoboob!!! Think I need a shopping trip sad not looking forward to braving the Christmas shopping crowds!

WillYouDoTheFandango Thu 08-Nov-12 09:34:11

I haven't been able to wear underwired since 5 weeks when I sobbed on my evening commute grin I've tried a few!

dashoflime Thu 08-Nov-12 12:43:29

I'm hoping that one day Ill read that monoboobs are "this seasons silluette" I will then congratulate myself for being ahead of the curve

JRsandCoffee Thu 08-Nov-12 12:50:58

I've stayed in my lovely prima donna underwired efforts.......34 weeks and counting, but have those extender things on them to increase the back size, they start off only one off the "normal" widest setting and sometimes in the evening I give myself a bit more room.

Oh the dreaded monoboob.........

JRsandCoffee Thu 08-Nov-12 12:55:20

Oh, the other thing I do in the evenings if not going out is just put on one of those sleep bra/ built in shelf top things........

SkinnyMarinkADink Thu 08-Nov-12 20:47:44

Mothercare wireless bras are lovely and comfortable! I brought nursing bras as they were just the same.

Very comfortable, they do 10% off regularly on their maternity wear so i got quite a few to keep me going.

FatimaLovesBread Fri 09-Nov-12 03:46:02

I second the nurture range at Debenhams. I'm a large cup size but small back and have got their maternity bras and just bought some nursing bras

rogersmellyonthetelly Fri 09-Nov-12 07:40:10

I hate it when the bra strap digs in! I get a numb patch under one boob and it itches and tingles constantly. I ended up previous 2 pregnancies with a bloody sock padding the bottom of the strap to stop it cutting in. Seriously nothing else worked. I am very generously endowed though, and always carry very high so the belly comes out horizontally from right under my bust.

Olympicrock Fri 09-Nov-12 07:41:38

Bravissimo were fab

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now