Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

anyone had clots in early pregnancy and been ok

(14 Posts)
stephbecominglittler Wed 07-Nov-12 19:04:56

startd bleedin this mornin no pain . and just started gettin small clots any positive feedback wud b ace x

Nicknamenotavailableeither Wed 07-Nov-12 20:26:57

Hello, I bleed with big clots for the first 12 weeks of my pregnancy!! We were ttc and actually had no idea I was pregnant until just after bleeding stopped. Went to early pregnancy clinic after getting bfp as obviously I was really worried after getting bfp with all the bleeding, but scan showed everything was healthy and I was actually 13+4!! Am now 38+3 and have had no bleeding or clots since. If you have any specific questions, just ask.

stephbecominglittler Wed 07-Nov-12 21:44:50

i just think my dreams bin shattered its not loads its more watery red than brite red my doc wont do anythin for two weeks im in limbo x x x

funnypeculiar Wed 07-Nov-12 21:49:47

Had small clots and on & off bleeding thoughout my first pregnancy (from about 6 weeks onwards). My son is now 8 smile. Also had quite a bit of bleeding in my second - few clots again. My daughter is now 6.
Whilst miscarriages are of course, sadly more common that we often realise, bleeding esp in early pregnancy is also very common. If you do an advanced search you'll find lots of others who have been in the same situation. Wishing you lots of luck.

SkinnyMarinkADink Thu 08-Nov-12 16:26:27

Had an awful bleed with dd, went to a&e and was told i had lost her, went to the early pregnancy unit to have a scan a week later and she was perfectly fine she is 2&1/2 now.

don't take any medication you may be given until you have a scan. dh had a feeling and told me not to take anything just in case.

weeblueberry Thu 08-Nov-12 16:47:01

Two and a half weeks ago I noticed some old blood when I wiped. I freaked out and called the early pregnancy clinic at the hospital who said that bleeding was so common that I should just wait it out. Easier said than done...

Then next time I was at the loo I found a clot and called them back. They asked me to come in the next day for a scan. She was very clear that she didn't feel anything was wrong. In fact I'm pretty sure I just sounded so pathetic she wanted to make sure I didn't go nuts...

Needless to say all was fine and we had our 3 month scan recently where the wee guy was dancing a jig the whole time smile

stephbecominglittler Sat 10-Nov-12 11:16:55

i startd bleedin tuesday i think til wednesday blood and clots . i went doctors she didnt test she said to wait two weeks to test again . i was/am convinced i have lost my little one ... i still have preg symptoms such as feelin sick sorr boobs weeing alot and come down with an awful cold . i have read loads of storys abiut people bleeding during pregnancy and everythings fine . i just cant help thinking am not as lucky :-( shall i do another test ? stopped bleeding now but as was clotting convinced i mc :-( x

lillymac42 Sat 10-Nov-12 15:55:17

How are you feeling now Stephbecominglittler? I feel for you. Best thing to do is ring your local maternity unit and share what you're experiencing with a midwife. The staff are used to giving advice and will be happy to talk you through your symptoms and may be able to reassure you or get you in for an earlier scan and do blood tests. If you start to have cramps then phone them right away or you can call nhs 24.. Big hugs x

stephbecominglittler Sat 10-Nov-12 16:03:16

i had it a few days ago lasted 24hours . feeling ok just wish i nee if little bean was there or not . driving me batty x

SkinnyMarinkADink Mon 12-Nov-12 22:16:52

Hi steph. any news on things. hope that everything is ok

stephbecominglittler Tue 13-Nov-12 09:33:12

do a test and its neg so i mc xx :-(

lillymac42 Tue 13-Nov-12 15:28:50

Sorry to hear that Steph, I am going through miscarriage myself so I know how sad you will be feeling sad.

stephbecominglittler Tue 13-Nov-12 19:05:32

awwww sorry lilly xxx

ipswichwitch Tue 13-Nov-12 19:19:50

Steph, I was reading this hoping your news would be better, so sorry. You too lily.
I'm going through miscarriage too, and had the same - watery looking blood, no clots or pain. I went to a&e (Gp pretty useless), and they confirmed it with blood teas and sent me for the scan. I'm now in the care of gynaecologists and they've been great

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: