Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

refusing to give up

(12 Posts)
stephbecominglittler Wed 07-Nov-12 10:24:15

has anyone had frer positive tests had a period and gone on to have healthy babies ... my minds working overtime and just want to no if this is possible

sundaesundae Wed 07-Nov-12 10:29:38

I don't quite understand the question.

You got a positive, how early were you testing, when were you due on?

Maybe you had a chemical, or a very early miscarriage, basically where the egg is fertilzed but doesn't implant so your period then starts.

Could your period be an implantation bleed? If there is a smallish amount and no cramping or pains it could be this. Hard to know until it either becomes a definite period or stops.

Testing very early usually causes more heartbreak than anything IME, a huge amount of early pregnancies are lost, most women don't realise because they haven't tested.

There is no reason from this that you won't go on to have a baby, just probably not this month if you have your period?

mrsbugsywugsy Wed 07-Nov-12 10:35:14

I had an implantation bleed, it was very light and only brown blood, so different from a period.

stephbecominglittler Wed 07-Nov-12 10:36:33

thats not me then mines a period :-(

SecretSparkle Wed 07-Nov-12 10:41:26

Actually I do know a mner that had a period but found out she was pregnant afterwards (obviously its not technically a period, but a heavy bleed) but its obviously very unlikely.

If you're still unsure take another test in a few days.

sundaesundae Wed 07-Nov-12 10:45:57

You can bleed in early pregnancy, it is quite common, but at this point most likely your period if tests are negative too.

I'd try and see it as that and not get your hopes up, if you feel your period is a bit odd for you or you get symptoms then test, otherwise try and move on, otherwise it eats you up!!

Are you following good advice on trying to conceive? DTD every two days from period to period, eating well, not smoking, doing some exercise, taking some vitamins? Your GP can talk to you if you think things are taking time.

stephbecominglittler Wed 07-Nov-12 10:59:36

i got frer positives and now started to bleed i dont no wot t think waitin for nurse x

stephbecominglittler Wed 07-Nov-12 11:06:15

have a pad on but still dont feel like am bleeding x

ladymia Wed 07-Nov-12 12:27:23

have you done another test and it's now negative?

Sparklyoldwhizzbangcatpusswhee Wed 07-Nov-12 12:56:44

Lots of people have quite heavy bleeding early on. I had periods the first two months with DS. I have also had a chemical pregnancy. All you can do is wait and see. <<crosses fingers>>

stephbecominglittler Wed 07-Nov-12 13:53:55

thanks hun waitin to go in docs x

stephbecominglittler Wed 07-Nov-12 13:59:59

the docs r jst gna tel me wat i already no x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now