Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Could my wife still be pregnant?

(6 Posts)
Bricki Wed 07-Nov-12 08:07:23

Hi

My wife was due on her period sunday and so far nothing. She has been displaying a few 'symptoms' but a test this morning was negative. She ovulated on day 21 and was told that the test may still come up negative but could be pregnant.

is this the case and has anybody else had a similar situation?

Thanks

HilaryClinton Wed 07-Nov-12 08:17:39

Yes she could. Was Sunday 14 days after ovulation? If you can hold off testing for another few days. Lastly, the cheap tests off the Internet are usually the most sensitive.

Bricki Wed 07-Nov-12 08:26:26

im not totally sure - i believe sunday was day 30.
the test was a store bought one.
she has been displaying a few symptoms the last few days - sore back, weeing more, tired and her skin has been itchy so we are not sure.

panicnotanymore Wed 07-Nov-12 09:20:13

I had a negative test first month too, but was pregnant. Leave if another 5 days, if nothing, test again using first wee of the day. You can go a little crazy testing every day otherwise. Good luck.

I used a first response test, and then got the positive on a Boots one.

Havingkittens Wed 07-Nov-12 10:42:46

If she ovulated on day 21 and today is day 30 it is still too early to get a positive test, so there's a chance you may still get a positive in a few days. I'd say the earliest you'll get a result is day 32, but more likely on day 35. I was on fertility treatment and my consultant said to start testing from 10 day past ovulation onwards. Often a line doesn't show up until about 14 dpo.

AlphaBeta82 Wed 07-Nov-12 10:45:52

I would also recommend using one of the earlier indicator tests like First Response etc - good luck

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now