Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Was this my plug?

(6 Posts)
Chelsea91 Tue 06-Nov-12 21:45:17

Sorry for tmi but just had sex with my partner and I'm 39+3 and when I went to the toilet there was a lumpy worm like jelly in the toilet it was a whitish clear colour so I'm a little unsure if it was part of my plug or the other lets call it substance? There was also a tiny and I mean tiny pink blood spot when I wiped

Cookiesandcream06 Tue 06-Nov-12 23:41:31

Bump !

Have lost several big chunks of what I think could be plug(sounds similar) think it sounds like plug to me. Sex can cause cervix to dilate a little thus releasing some/all of the plug?? Although I don't think it means labour is definitely imminent(I hope not-not full term yet!)

May I ask-how big was it?! Have you had anything else like it?

Nicky1306 Wed 07-Nov-12 08:16:41

Sounds like it could be!! Hope you get to meet your baby soon! X smile

Chelsea91 Wed 07-Nov-12 08:39:45

No it was the 1st time and I would say a couple of cm long woke up with usual back ache and mild stomach cramps so really hoping it won't be long!

Cookiesandcream06 Wed 07-Nov-12 10:22:43

Fingers crossed chelsea sounds promising.hope you get to meet your baby soon smile
I happened to be at the DAU today anyway and asked about it, they weren't concerned as only mild back aches here

Londonmrss Wed 07-Nov-12 10:40:12

I would say you know when it is your plug. I lost mucus like this a few times over 24 hours and thought it was my plug. Then I passed my actual plug which I definitely knew about- it was like a huge giant jellyfish as big as the palm of my hand.
Of course not everyone is the same though! Either way, sounds olike things are starting for you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now