Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Planning to maybe co-sleep, where can I find double blankets?

(10 Posts)
stinkinseamonkey Tue 06-Nov-12 20:47:06

posted in the sleep section but no joy
everywhere only seems to sell douvets or decorative polyester over blankets, not plain old regular cellular or similar blankets

any ideas?

The guidelines are to avoid douvets and use blankets but I can't find any

thanks

sparklekitty Tue 06-Nov-12 20:55:29

I've got a cot size cellular blanket from amazon. Sleep with duvet up to waist and blanket over top of me and dd. However, she has recently gone into sleep pods so she has that and I sleep with duvet up to waist and fleecy, fluffy blanket over my back (which is good as it's freezing atm) Depending on when you're due I'd think about this option if I were you as it gets very cold at night now, although if you're due a spring/summer baby then cellular will be good.

Co-sleeping is the best btw (and we didn't originally plan to)

stinkinseamonkey Tue 06-Nov-12 20:59:42

I'm a massive fidget and didn't find that sort of improv worked for me last time, I was freezing! I really need to find some double blankets like my gran used to have! them pink and cream ones or cellular ones

crunchingautumnleaves Wed 07-Nov-12 08:31:49

These wool cellular blankets look sooo good but pricey. But, I guess with a classic blanket like this it's an investment. If I come across any others, will send links.

stinkinseamonkey Wed 07-Nov-12 16:25:51

thanks for the link but OMG 100 quid each! and I think we'll need at least two for winter :-S

so does everyone ignore the advice and continue using douvets then??

OldLadyKnowsNothing Wed 07-Nov-12 16:29:37

Doubles for £36 here.

stinkinseamonkey Wed 07-Nov-12 16:33:00

thanks old lady, have you used those ones? how many did you need? are they thick enough to replace the winter douvet?

crunchingautumnleaves Wed 07-Nov-12 16:50:42

Ooh, that's much more like it oldlady. I want to get one for me now! And cotton so much better against newborn skin & will handle hotter washes etc

stinkinseamonkey Wed 07-Nov-12 16:52:18

shouldn't in theory be against skin much, there'll be a sheet first, am mostly worried about warmth (and cost :-S)

kellestar Wed 07-Nov-12 17:02:48

We went with two single duvets on a king size bed. DD was in the middle and there was a natural gap, she was in a grobag at a month, but had blankets before then.

We had a crib in our room, she'd spend most of the night in that and in with us from the 2am feed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now