Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

40+2 cervix 'only a teeny bit open' - any chance of me going into labour soon?

(5 Posts)
MayimBialik Tue 06-Nov-12 17:04:09

Had a sweep today. Midwife couldn't do a really good one as my cervix was only a teeny bit open. She did say it had thinned a lot though.

Feel disheartened and that it is going to be weeks before I go into labour. Any stories of people being told their cervix was closed/ hardly open only to go into labour within a few days?

MayimBialik Tue 06-Nov-12 21:35:53

Anyone?

Flisspaps Tue 06-Nov-12 21:37:07

It can go from 0-10 within a matter of hours.

It will happen when it happens.

LauraSmurf Tue 06-Nov-12 23:01:46

I had a v similar statement given to me at 39 + 2. They wanted to induce and I begged for a half measure (sweep) first. When I went back 1 1/2 days later I had another. Was only 1 cm, but 5 hours later had baby! Don't be disheartened, do go back for another. Second / third sweeps are often more effective.

Everything crossed for you smile

MayimBialik Tue 06-Nov-12 23:27:11

Thanks for your replies.

I know it'll happen when it happens but I like to know that it could happen imminently and that keeps me going. Being told nothing's going to happen in the next few days is deflating and ain't going to do much for old oxytocin levels wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now