Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

To induce or not??

(3 Posts)
Spinity Tue 06-Nov-12 16:30:34

I am so torn. I'm 38+3 and have PGP and SPD, on crutches, not sleeping longer than an hour at a time through the night due to pain. Also have a 3.5yr old who I am struggling to care for.

I've been to the midwife today and she was keen to request an induction for on my due date. I said no but that I'd like a sweep instead (worked v well last time!). They have said I can call at any time to request a consult for induction.

I don't know what to do! On the one hand I would love to have my baby and move on with things and hopefully be in less pain, but the other part of me really wants a natural birth, birth pool, no interventions etc. Am I just being a stubborn idiot? Consensus so far has been that I am a fool to decline induction. What do you think?

NoTeaForMe Wed 07-Nov-12 07:48:37

What did she say to your request for a sweep? Can you have that and then see? If that works then great, if not you'll be a bit further along and you might decide enough is enough!

Out of interest did you have any problems in your first pregnancy?

Spinity Wed 07-Nov-12 13:57:39

They've agreed to the sweep at 40+3 and said I can be assessed at any point before then. Think I will wait for that then see what happens!

I had back pain in my first pregnancy but not this severe. Labour and birth was fine though.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: