Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Another morning sickness thread - so when did yours go away?

(8 Posts)
Amnewtoallthis Tue 06-Nov-12 10:04:04

Am now 12 weeks +5 days. Still feeling really rotten, in fact it has got worse the last week - I've only actually thrown up once. Most food tastes horrible and feels horrible - even my favourite spinach curry feels like wire wool in my mouth. I was hoping to feel better now but to no avail....

Unicorn007 Tue 06-Nov-12 10:24:52

Aw huge sympathies it is really awful. I had horrendous morning (all the time) sickness. I too still felt awful around 12 weeks I was so depressed thinking it would never go. But I felt a bit better at 16 weeks, and now at 20 weeks much much better as long as not overtired. It does fade for most people.
I remember crying my eyes out at 14 weeks thinking it was never going to get better. Fingers crossed for you that it starts to get better sooner rather than later.

Make sure you get lots of rest and treat your body kindly, just eat a little bit of whatever u fancy!
x

bunnynose Tue 06-Nov-12 12:38:25

I had horrendous all day sickness with my first pregnancy which started at 4 weeks. (I now think it was Hyperemensis.) There was no let up at all, then around 15 weeks I had a day where I didn't feel as bad, but it came back a few hours later and I was so depressed. Then at 16 weeks it disappeared! I could eat and drink normally again and it felt great.

This pregnancy, all day nausea started at 5 weeks, was being sick repeatedly by 8 weeks, but around 10 weeks I started getting the odd day when it wasn't too bad, but it kept coming back. I had a horrendous weekend when I was 10.5 weeks, and wasn't far off going into hospital, but I've slowly improved over the last week and almost feel human again! I will be 13 weeks tomorrow, and (fingers crossed) hoping the worst is over now.

PeshwariNaan Tue 06-Nov-12 13:33:24

20 weeks or so - maybe 22 weeks (I was still throwing up once a week til then). It started at 6 weeks exactly and involved very severe nausea and vomiting 3 times a day at its worst. I couldn't ride public transport at all. I had a week break at 11 weeks and thought I was over it - sadly I had a relapse and it came back twice as bad. But baby looks healthy...

DoodleAlley Tue 06-Nov-12 13:47:35

First pg totally over it by 17 weeks
This pg am 17 weeks and still here in evenings and when tired

But I know just as many people who got better much earlier

Amnewtoallthis Tue 06-Nov-12 14:49:27

Thanks everyone I've just had a scary call from the midwife so I'm going to post another thread, morning sickness still here!

Paradisefound Tue 06-Nov-12 14:56:24

I am 17 weeks. Sickness started improving at 15 weeks. Still sick most days though. Only had 2 days when I haven't been sick since mid August, but they were both in the last week. Still taking cyclazine.

TwitchyTail Tue 06-Nov-12 17:44:35

I had it badly. Got MUCH better at 17 weeks, but I still have the odd vom every now and then, and feel queasy for maybe half an hour twice a day (20 weeks) - but definitely manageable now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now