Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Braxton Hicks

(3 Posts)
Kafri Mon 05-Nov-12 21:36:32

Hi guys,

Just wondering what's normal when it comes to BH.

I'm 33+3 and getting what I assume are BH. They are not painful AT ALL! In fact the only thing I notice is that bump goes hard numerous times a day. How many times a day would this e classed as normal and is there a point where I should think about telling a MW.
As you can probably tell, I'm a FTM so all this is new to me.
Thanks x

hiviolet Mon 05-Nov-12 21:43:04

I had all day long BH from when I was 20 odd weeks. Actually asked the midwife whether it was possible to have too many, because I was worried I was going to go into premature labour. They were SO ANNOYING. I'd be getting strong ones every five minutes if I overdid it.

Anyway, DD came on her due date so all was well smile

CountryKitty Tue 06-Nov-12 07:36:31

Hi I'm pg with DC3 and have been getting these from approx 16 weeks. As a general rule you only have to worry about them if they are accompanied by lower back pain, pressure down below, come regularily and don't stop when you move around/ change whatever it was that you were doing.

You'll know when you are in labour properly though as these are painful!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now