Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Movements?

(3 Posts)
Frootloopz Mon 05-Nov-12 15:01:22

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Dogsmom Mon 05-Nov-12 17:36:24

I'm 22 wks and definite movements started in week 18, they are usually midway between my belly button and pubic hair and can be on either side, some people describe it as popping or fluttering but for me it's a definite poke. If you touch your hand with a fingertip lightly that's exactly what it's like but inside.

I read on here that a good way to feel them is to lie on your back very still and concentrate on that area, it worked for me first time, they can be really easy to miss early on when the baby is small and the kicks are soft.

reikizen Mon 05-Nov-12 17:42:17

this is the rcog guidance www.rcog.org.uk/files/rcog-corp/Your%20Baby's%20Movements%20in%20Pregnancy_0.pdf not specifically an answer to your question, but very helpful in identifying what is normal and what to let your midwife/doctor know about.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now