Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Eczema flare-up caused by pregnancy

(2 Posts)
PinkFondantFancy Mon 05-Nov-12 14:05:19

does anyone have any experience of this? I used to get occasional eczema on my elbows or face but since being about 4 weeks pregnant it's flared up and now at 18 weeks it's got really bad on my face, neck, shoulders, chest and arms. I can't get a dermatologist appt for another fortnight or to see a gp until thurs. Have been applyig steroid cream once per day and emollient a few times a day but am at my wits end with the itching. Anyone got any ideas of anythig else I can try in the meantime? I've heard acupuncture doesn't work very well for it but maybe there's another complimentary therapy I could try?

ToManyDicksOnTheDancefloor Mon 05-Nov-12 14:20:05

I've had this with both pregnancies, mainly on my face. My friend recommended using Cetraben emollient cream and it has really worked. My face doesn't itch anymore and looks loads better. You have to get if from a proper pharmacy but it's really cheap.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now