Talk

Advanced search

Early BFN with frer?

(9 Posts)
littlepinkfizz Mon 05-Nov-12 13:57:54

Poas this after ion at 10 DPO with frer but BFN.

Clutching at straws but wondering if anyone has got an early bfn with a first response early response and then tested a few days later and got a BFP?..

Anyone??x

PickleSarnie Mon 05-Nov-12 15:45:52

Just because first responses day they CAN detect pregnancy 6 days before you're due it doesn't mean they WILL. If you look at the stats, they'll only detect donating like 70% of positives that early if I remember rightly. I know its hard, bit you're best of waiting until you're due at least. Good luck!

PickleSarnie Mon 05-Nov-12 15:48:04

Not sure how " something" turned into " donating" there!

littlepinkfizz Mon 05-Nov-12 19:27:07

Just realised I'm 9dpo but still, they claim o be able to detect positive at 6 days before your period is due .

Just would be interested in hearingfrom anyone who got a positive this early on or got a negative and then a BFP later x

katesav87 Mon 05-Nov-12 20:17:24

I didn't get a bfp until a week after my period was due, I used every test under the sun including FR and they were all negative then a week after I did a cb digital and there was the pregnant 1-2 weeks. I've worked out that its cos I ovulated later than I thought in my cycle so bear that in mind. To me FR say they can detect but it didn't for me! Fingers crossed xxx

sundaesundae Tue 06-Nov-12 11:49:09

They never worked for me, so yes, you can get false negs with them.

10storeylovesong Tue 06-Nov-12 15:22:20

I got a negative at 11dpo then 3 very clear bfp at 12dpo...

HavingALittleFaithBaby Tue 06-Nov-12 15:29:14

I think there's a big issue with these early tests of sending you a bit mental! I know they can sometimes detect very early but as pickle says there's no guarantee they will. Even if you get a BFP this early, you'll be on tenterhooks waiting to see if its a chemical pregnancy. I got my BFP two days before AF was due and those were two very long days! Your best bet is to sit on your hands and test when AF is due!

wanderingalbatross Tue 06-Nov-12 15:41:47

First pregnancy I wasn't sure of dates, but had a neg test first before I had a pos. Counting back after scan, I reckon that pos wasn't until after AF due, so maybe 16 dpo. This time round, I tested every few days from 5 weeks post AF and only just got a pos at around 7 weeks pg. It happens to loads of people.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now