Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Signed off just now, do I go back?

(8 Posts)
lookingfoxy Mon 05-Nov-12 12:41:14

I had the most terrible sickness and nausea all the time which came on suddenly and gp signed me off for 2 weeks, on top of this im sleeping a lot as well. The sickness has eased up (5 times yesterday) but the feeling of being unwell, nauseous and tired is pretty much constant apart from a few hours each day before it creeps back in.
Im due back to work later this week and wondered am I just being a wimp or should I ask doc for some more time off. I feel like a total fraud, I was never like this during my first pregnancy!!

lookingfoxy Mon 05-Nov-12 13:14:56

Anyone?

Blending Mon 05-Nov-12 13:27:13

I would wait and see, but if I felt that crappy, it would affect my job so then
I would most definately stay off.

I feel like a fraud too if its any help! I've been signed off after a very slight bleed and told to rest but I'm feeling fine!

What's your company like? I work for a large blue-chip organisation, and it wont fall a part without me, I'm a small cog, and no-one would hold it against me.

How far along are you?

lookingfoxy Mon 05-Nov-12 16:26:19

Thanks for replying, im only around 8 weeks.
I do feel like crap, I don't even know if I could make it to work as I have to use public transport several times a day in the course of my job.
Even if I got there im sure I would be of no use to anyone.
My company is very small and I know it will be hurting them to have me off, I feel so guilty, i've never been off sick in years!!

Paradisefound Mon 05-Nov-12 16:32:54

I would go back to your dr.

If you are being sick 5 times a day will they want you back at work?
Also if you are not well, working will be very tiring .. Being tired makes morning sickness worse.
You are not being a wimp. Make looking after yourself and your baby top priority.. Work will manage without you.

Hope you feel better soon.

Isandri Mon 05-Nov-12 16:33:25

Maybe you should take one week more. If you still feel awful and are throwing up 5 times a day you might need a few days more to recover.

lookingfoxy Tue 06-Nov-12 07:37:41

I bit the bullet and told my work I was still unwell and unable to return this week, I do feel bad, but I guess i've given them a chance to cover shifts instead of phoning in on the day.

Im more annoyed at myself as I breezed through my first pregnancy and done heavy commuting to a city everyday ontop of a very demanding job with no problems. Must just be getting old confused

Blending Tue 06-Nov-12 09:35:45

You will better without having to worry about work, it's not as if your choosing to feel ill!

I'm around the same dates as you.

This will pass soon and then you will start worrying why its stopped wink

Get some rest and look after yourself x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now