Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

UCLH or Royal London

(12 Posts)
Bessie123 Mon 05-Nov-12 10:50:28

Does anyone have any recent experience of these 2 hospitals for planned caesarians? Which one has better post natal care? All advice, opinions etc welcome

Bessie123 Mon 05-Nov-12 11:31:38

Bumping

Hope88 Mon 05-Nov-12 11:59:47

I had CS in UCLH. Doctors were fantastic. They probably saved my life as I was bleeeding a lot. But postnatal care AWFUL! But I am yet to hear of a hospital with amazing postnatal wards. I think it's quite standard.

Bessie123 Mon 05-Nov-12 12:20:35

Thanks. I also experienced great medical but awful on care at UCLH, I was wondering if RL any better/ worth transferring to this time

Bessie123 Mon 05-Nov-12 12:21:33

That was meant to say awful pn care, stupid predictive typing

Bessie123 Mon 05-Nov-12 15:35:49

Anyone else? I'm assuming the c-section will be much the same anywhere in the sense that the consultant will be competent (but please feel free to correct me if you think I'm wrong). I had such terrible post natal care at UCLH I was wondering if Royal London might be better or if that's just the way the nhs rolls

IWantToGoToThere Mon 05-Nov-12 20:14:46

I had DS at RLH in 2009 before the big refurb. I didn't have a great birth experience, but to be honest that probably would have been the case even if I'd given birth in the bags and accessories hall in Selfridges (my favourite place in the world). The care given during birth was fine but I've since read my notes and there were things that weren't mentioned to me at the time which I would have liked to know. Post natal care was abysmal but luckily I only had to spend one night there (although it nearly turned into two as they forgot about me and didn't organise my discharge properly, then completely forgot to have my DS seen by the paediatrician before we were eventually discharged, meaning we had to return the following day).

In terms of the expertise of care there (as opposed to bedside manner), it is excellent (and I'm in the know due to my job). Hope that helps hmm

Bessie123 Mon 05-Nov-12 21:56:56

Thankyou, that is helpful. Have you heard anything about the care now it is all new?

IWantToGoToThere Mon 05-Nov-12 22:08:10

No, I've since moved out of London and don't know of anyone who has given birth there since. I imagine the staff will be the same, but the amenities/rooms etc much nicer. When I went, it was like giving birth in a cell or dungeon. Horrible!

SilverSixpence Tue 06-Nov-12 00:01:44

My sister gave birth at RLH recently and I had antenatal care there up to 24 weeks. Sis had em CS but was impressed with care throughout and had good facilities including private room which she paid for. She was in standard postnatal bay too for a while and that was fine too.

Bessie123 Tue 06-Nov-12 08:45:40

silversixpence that is good to hear. Tbh it would suit me to transfer to RLH.

Bessie123 Fri 09-Nov-12 13:41:36

Just bumping to see if anyone else has experience of these hospitals...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now