Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Reduced movements 25 weeks

(12 Posts)
Nicky1306 Sun 04-Nov-12 21:55:09

Hi all,

I'm a bit worried been feeling less movements today, and those I have felt have not been as strong as usual.

I've tried cold sugary drink, ice cream , lying down on my left side ( and back , right and front) still not a lot going on .

I don't want to bother the hospital over something trivial , should I call them ?

X x

PenguinSalute Sun 04-Nov-12 21:58:06

Hi, just wanted to quickly say nothing is trivial. I so don't want to worry you, but that is what they're there for. I'm sure all is fine but please get checked out. They would rather you go in a hundred times and all be fine than feel you couldn't go in at all. I'd call straight away. Good luck x

shinyblackgrape Sun 04-Nov-12 21:58:10

I would. They won't see it as trivial and better to be on the safe side. FWIW - I'm 37 weeks with an anterior placenta. Sometimes I didn't feel the baby for a day or do but all was fine

BuntyCollocks Sun 04-Nov-12 21:58:37

Always always get reduce movements checked. I had to this morning. Better safe than sorry.

kohl Sun 04-Nov-12 22:00:59

Please call them, they would far far rather you went in, do you have a hospital near?

Nicky1306 Mon 05-Nov-12 15:04:53

Hi, thanks for all your replies , I called the mw's on the number given in my notes for reduced movements , I was made to feel like a total tw@t tho! sad she told me @ 25 weeks not to worry and they wouldn't do anything , if I've felt the baby move once in a day it's fine!! Luckily today baba has not stopped so feel a bit better in that respect am still annoyed by the dismissive midwife though, it's people like her that make me dread calling if I need to x x

shinyblackgrape Mon 05-Nov-12 16:16:11

Gosh - that's bizarre. I had reduced movements at 30 weeks and was whipped straight in to maternity triage. I called from work and they wouldn't even allow me to go home and get my notes.

Glad all ok today. But if you are ever worried again, ask to speak to the supervisor of midwives if you feel you're not being taken seriously

Nicky1306 Mon 05-Nov-12 16:56:46

Thanks shiny, hope all was ok for you too x

whatchagonna Mon 05-Nov-12 17:05:34

Nicky - next time if you're worried just go to the hospital. It's harder for them to fob you off if you're standing in front of them (plus there are other people to ask as well if you get one unhelpful MW...).

FWIW, my doctor said not to worry about movements until 28wks BUT I have an anterior placenta so he said I probably wouldn't feel 'regular' movements until around then anyway. With DD though (posterior placenta) I definitely felt regular movements by 25wks so you're totally justified in wanting it checked out.

x

Mixxy Mon 05-Nov-12 19:00:14

Im 25 weeks with an anterior placenta. I can barely feel any movement AT ALL. I was told not to worry about it until 28 weeks. That's going about as well as can be imagined...

Thought about buying a doppler?

shinyblackgrape Mon 05-Nov-12 21:46:06

Hi Nicky - yes it was. Thank you. I've got an anterior placenta too and that really minimised movements. Am 37 weeks now though but still have some days when baby is quieter than others.

LollopingLil Mon 05-Nov-12 22:01:54

To be honest, they're not going to worry much at 25 weeks because the baby is still very small and a minor change in their position can have a significant effect on how much you feel. Quite different from 30 weeks plus.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now