Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Throwing a party just after childbirth...an update.

(2 Posts)
GingerDoodle Sun 04-Nov-12 17:59:37

Hi all

A few months back I posted this thread: http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/childbirth/a1530670-First-time-mum-Fed-up-of-being-told-how-awful-it-will-be-and-hoping-Im-not-being-overly-optimistic

Baby was born a week early (6 hour labour started in London, full blown labour on a packed commuter train for 45 min then 40 min car journey, got to the hospital 7cm dilated and had her 1h 24 later!)

Party was yesterday and I am really glad we did it - a few of my NCT friends even came with their little ones ranging from 2 - 5 weeks old!

I've also commuted with her a fair bit - she tends to nap so it makes little difference to her but the world of difference to my sanity.

Obviously every birth, baby and experience is different but I guess I just wanted to update everyone to say for me, keeping active way key, life has changed (for the better) and my initial outlook was the right one - it can be done.

coronalover Sun 04-Nov-12 19:38:37

Congratulations on the birth of your LO - and especially well done for managing your commute while in labour!

Good for you sticking to your plans and staying positive smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now