Talk

Advanced search

Second Pregnancy after Loss of waters at 20wks and still birth last year.

(3 Posts)
Tashymondo Sat 03-Nov-12 21:46:21

So ladies I am very happy to say that I am expecting again. Wood hoo yey me!

But I am so scared, at the moment I am 6 weeks pregnant and for the last week when ever I have had a bowel movement I have cramps before and for a little while after.

I didn't have this before with the last pregnancy and I can't see any about it now the Internet or not any of the books I have brought.

Please help me, any advice would be great XxX

Ellypoo Sat 03-Nov-12 23:52:07

Hi tashy I'm so sorry about losing your baby last year. My dd1 died aged just 2 days due to clots in the placenta causing her to be starved of oxygen. I'm now 13+4 and terrified, so I totally understand how you are feeling. Did they find out what caused your waters to break?
Congratulations on this pg, have you seen your MW yet? Is there an EPAU near you that you could go to for reassurance? I'm sure the cramps are just normal - I have similar when I have trapped wind/need the loo, but it's totally understandable that you are going to be worried about everything.

Tashymondo Sun 04-Nov-12 10:14:26

Thank you for responding Ellypoo, I have not yet been assigned a midwife but I am in contact with the bereavement midwife who helped me last year so I guess. I could just ask her.

I am having a viability scan this Friday, I am apprehensive but I can not wait, I just hope I get to keep this baby!!!

They never did find out the cause of my loss of waters, which I guess is why I am so scared. I did have many problems before I lost the waters such as bleeding but the cause of these where never found either.

I am very sorry to hear of your loss. I can't. Imagine how hard it would've been loosing a 2 day old. I am glad that you are pregnant again and 13w+ that is great.

I am hoping to make it to 12 without ANY problems and then I will feel a little more confident.

All the best XxX

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now