Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Hello morning sickness! The fun begins

(8 Posts)
cupcake78 Sat 03-Nov-12 16:10:48

I feel horrendous! 6+1 and ms has well and truly arrived. Dh is doing everything, I've managed to clean the bathroom and that's it.

Oh and the tears have come because I didn't know if I would love my baby, so that will be the hormones making me mental then!

Had forgotten how horrible I feel when I'm pregnant.

Fairy130389 Sun 04-Nov-12 20:02:07

Oh Cupcake!!! You poor thing! If it's any consilation I cried today in sainsbury's car park because I couldn't remember where I'd left my car...

My Morning sickness is here with a vengence too - gone are the days of constant hunger - now I just can't eat at all.

Hope you feel better soon. x

cupcake78 Mon 05-Nov-12 03:07:56

Today has been even worse. I have felt sick all day but thankfully wasn't actually ill between 11am and 4pm. The rest of the time I am so very very ill.

I gave up and went to bed at 7.30 as soon as ds was in his bed.

I now remember why I said I'd never do this again sad

Fairy130389 Mon 05-Nov-12 10:35:26

You poor thing. I am feeling a bit better today - only threw up once, what an achievement! I am drinking endless raspberry leaf tea and eating ginger nuts which seems to be helping a bit. Have you tried those wristbands?

cupcake78 Mon 05-Nov-12 11:31:59

I had them last time I was pregnant so may be getting some. At the moment the only thing that works is to eat. Sometimes I feel better sometimes it makes me sick. I'm working out how to manage it. I think I'm just going to have to snack continuously, no big meals and stop eating around 3pm but have some crackers before bedtime.

Once again it's 11ish and I am starting to feel hungry.

KatieTrancoso Mon 05-Nov-12 11:59:50

You have my every sympathy, I feel awful too and have done since week 6 (now week 8)...no vomiting but I rarely do when I'm ill in any case, just constant unrelenting nausea that becomes worse throughout the day. It is seriously restricting what I can do...I had no idea that pregnancy would be this hideous! Poor DH has to prepare all meals right now as any smell makes my head spin - I don't want to eat but if I don't I feel so much worse! The thought of weeks more of this is unbearable at times. Take some small comfort in knowing you're not the only one going through this! This is my first pregnancy so people saying 'it will pass' is very little comfort as I feel like it has already lasted forever!

KatieTrancoso Mon 05-Nov-12 12:00:12

You have my every sympathy, I feel awful too and have done since week 6 (now week 8)...no vomiting but I rarely do when I'm ill in any case, just constant unrelenting nausea that becomes worse throughout the day. It is seriously restricting what I can do...I had no idea that pregnancy would be this hideous! Poor DH has to prepare all meals right now as any smell makes my head spin - I don't want to eat but if I don't I feel so much worse! The thought of weeks more of this is unbearable at times. Take some small comfort in knowing you're not the only one going through this! This is my first pregnancy so people saying 'it will pass' is very little comfort as I feel like it has already lasted forever!

slowgin Mon 05-Nov-12 12:41:04

sad awful isn't it.

Even worse is that because I'm only 6weeks I can't tell anyone why I feel so bad.

Might try some soup.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: