Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

25 weeks and started being sick again. Is this alright?

(8 Posts)
NAR4 Sat 03-Nov-12 12:59:50

I had dreadful morning (ha ha more like all day and night) sickness for the first 16 weeks of pregnancy. Thank goodness that went eventually. For about the last month though my sickness has slowly been coming back. It started with occassionally being sick (often quiet suddenly) and has now built up to me feeling a need to have a bottle of water with me and tissues, so I am prepared for when I throw up, if out. I now feel sick most of the time again and throw up several times a day.

Feeling really drained as I sometimes have to get up in the night to be sick, which also happened at the beginning of my pregnancy.

I didn't have this sickness late in my previous pregnancies. What causes it? Anyone else had the same?

ProcrastinatingPanda Sat 03-Nov-12 13:01:18

Speak to your midwife just incase, I'm not 100% sure but I think that's a sign of pre-eclampsia.

NAR4 Sun 04-Nov-12 11:23:47

I have very low blood pressure though, so surely this would have gone up if it was pre-eclampsia. No swollen ankles or anything either. Or can these symptoms all be on their own? I was under the impression you developed them all.

JiltedJohnsJulie Sun 04-Nov-12 12:06:40

Really feel for you. I had extremely low blood pressure with dc1 and my morning (oh the irony of calling it that) sickness returned for the 3rd trimester.

If your bold pressure is low, try to make sure you drink plenty and eating regularly may help with the sickness.

Don't think personally that it has anything to do with preeclampsia, certainly nobody mentioned it to me at the time.

If you are worried I'd speak to your mw.

stinkinseamonkey Sun 04-Nov-12 12:20:57

I got sick again in 3rd trimester, its different to MS though as its more reflux in cause

ProcrastinatingPanda Sun 04-Nov-12 15:21:59

I said I wasn't 100% sure, but was trying to give you some advice as nobody had answered you, that's why I said I think it's a sign of pre-eclampsia.

mrsbugsywugsy Sun 04-Nov-12 15:59:53

According to the NHS website, vomiting can be a sign of pre-eclampsia. Given that it's such a serious condition it's worth getting checked out.

NAR4 Sun 04-Nov-12 20:29:00

I looked at the NHS website as well after Procastinating replied. Thanks everyone for the advice and think it is prob best to give the midwife a buzz tomorrow and double check. I appreciate the reply Procastinating, as I didn't even know sickness could be a sign of pre-ecampsia and of course my blood pressure could have gone up since my last midwife appointment.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now