Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

BLOOD!!

(10 Posts)
Mummytobee2012 Fri 02-Nov-12 22:00:35

People, i need advice NOW please; Im exactly 37 weeks today and i just went to toilet and as i wiped there was a few SMALL blood spots, nothing major, it deffo came from the vagina, There was no mucus with it, i've put a pad on. Is this normal?! Could it be the start of labour or is it something to worry about?! My mum had a placenta abruption in 03; she nearly lost her life; sadly baby died, so you can understand my worry!

marriednotdead Fri 02-Nov-12 22:04:41

Ring your maternity unit for advice. It may be nothing but it's best to check.

Mummytobee2012 Fri 02-Nov-12 22:08:53

I'm speaking to a midwife now!

AbbyRue Fri 02-Nov-12 22:29:04

Are you alright?

Mamuss Fri 02-Nov-12 22:54:02

Go in now. I had bleeding and went in. They induced me as they couldn't be sure of the cause. Afterwards they discovered the placenta was starting to come away from the wall (abruption?) I don't mean to scare you and it was all very calm etc when I was there while they made decisions. But any bleeding should be checked out ASAP. Good luck

riamay2011 Sat 03-Nov-12 00:34:13

Any news?

Mummytobee2012 Sat 03-Nov-12 12:50:18

The midwife on labour ward wasn't worried as it was only a few spots and theres been no more. Could it be the start of labour?

PhyllisDoris Sat 03-Nov-12 13:12:24

It could be labour. Any more though and I'd get up to the hospital ASAP, particularly because of your family history.

DangerMousey Sun 04-Nov-12 09:20:11

was it bright red blood, or was it pinky? I had a small loss of some pinky looking blood (like it was diluted or something) at 35 weeks, and when I rang the labour ward they told me to put a pad on and keep an eye on it.

It happened once or twice more over the following 12 hours and then stopped.

I spoke to my friend who's a MW for extra reassurance, and she told me that it was likely to have been that my cervix had been irritated when I had a swab taken earlier that week to check for thrush (the swab came back negative incidentally, but I still feel a bit irritated down there...)

MW mate said the pink blood was probably just cos everything is a bit swollen inside down there and all the little blood vessels are near the surface. She also said that if i'd had sex that might have caused a little bit of cervical irritation. I hadn't had sex (see above, thrush symptoms!), but wondered if this could apply to you?

Mummytobee2012 Sun 04-Nov-12 15:48:21

I hadn't had any internals, and i hadn't had sex. It was weird, it was bright red and there was only about 4/5 little spots of blood. Labour ward said it was fine x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now