Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Babys head 3/5ths engaged...?

(7 Posts)
CharleeWarlee Fri 02-Nov-12 14:54:00

Had a consultant meeting last week and baby was free still. Have been this morning and she is now 3/5ths engaged. I am 36+1

Consultant has booked me in again for 2 weeks time but said I probably wont be attending that appointment as he thinks I will go into labour before.

Any other experiences of this?

Pascha Fri 02-Nov-12 14:57:53

My ex-SIL was in a similar situation a few years ago, due at the end of the month, was advised due to baby being engaged early labour would probably start sooner rather than later.

She was induced at 40+10 hmm

Gingerbreadlatte Fri 02-Nov-12 14:59:41

is it your first baby? Mine was well engaged 3/5 by 35wks. Didn't give birth until 40+6!

Nothing like someone saying something like that to guarantee you going overdue IME!

CharleeWarlee Fri 02-Nov-12 15:02:04

Oh sad I wont go over 40 weeks due to previous complications anyhow. So will have a baby by 4 weeks time, just wondered as last week I wasnt engaged and this week im 3/5ths. I remember with my first she was 1/5 then 2/5 and so on every week.

CharleeWarlee Fri 02-Nov-12 15:04:42

No this is my 3rd baby. First was slow at engaging fully, never fully engaged until day before labour. 2nd I was induced as she died in my womb at 33+5, so never engaged at all.

Pascha Fri 02-Nov-12 15:04:44

hmm Bit like asking how long is a piece of string really isn't it? It might go like that for you again, you never know smile

ginmakesitallok Fri 02-Nov-12 15:09:12

After your first apparently they can bob in and out....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now