Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Anyone else not really showing 20weeks plus?

(12 Posts)
dontcarehow Fri 02-Nov-12 14:53:35

I'm 23 weeks and in some outfits I still don't look pregnant. I'm still in the "looking a bit fat" stage really. It often takes people by surprise when I mention being 5 months pregnant. Anyone else? Please tell me its all ok and that my baby isn't not developing.

panicnotanymore Fri 02-Nov-12 15:05:11

Did you have a 20 weeks scan? If the baby wasn't growing properly that would have been picked up then. Are you quite big boned? My sis has a big bone structure (tall, wide rib cage) and she never really 'showed' as such, she just looked wider and fatter. I have an enormous bump sticking forward at 23 weeks, but I'm short and very very narrow.

So long as you have had the scans and attend midwife appointments you will be monitored and problems picked up.

IslaValargeone Fri 02-Nov-12 15:08:45

I barely showed at 23 weeks either. I looked small all the way through, but still had an 8 and a half pounder. My midwife couldn't believe it and wondered where dc had been hiding.
If you are having regular scans they will pickup any problems.

MolotovBomb Fri 02-Nov-12 15:15:37

I'm tall and slim and DID NOT SHOW AT ALL until I was 6 months pg (about 25 weeks) with DD1.

It was a bit sooner with DD2: by 20 weeks I was showing a little bit but that's because my tummy muscles were a bit more relaxed after the first pg. Never looked 'big' with both girls.

Don't worry about it. As long as your scans an fundal height measurements show that your baby is growing well, your bump is fine for you. Small bump doesn't neccessarily mean small baby.

FWIW, my DD1 weighed 7lbs 5oz (born at 40+2), DD2 was 6lbs 9oz (born at 38+3)

sunshinesue Fri 02-Nov-12 16:55:39

I was comfortably in my size 10 jeans at 23 weeks, I'm now 35 weeks and bloody massive! Don't worry, bumps grow at their own pace and don't necessarily reflect the size of the baby.

StormyBrid Fri 02-Nov-12 16:57:57

22 weeks here, and still not looking tremendously pregnant. Depends what I'm wearing, really. But I'm tall, I have big bones, and I was carrying a couple of extra stone when I got pregnant, all of which helps to disguise it. Distribution of tummy fat also doesn't help - a pregnant bump is one curved bump, whereas my two fat rolls still have a dip between them (getting shallower though!). Had a scan a week ago and the baby's exactly the expected size given my dates. So don't panic!

MrsEddChina Fri 02-Nov-12 16:58:20

I'm 21+1 and still not showing to the outside world. I can see a difference in my belly but it's not noticeable to others yet, I just look fatter than I was before!

katiecubs Fri 02-Nov-12 17:50:16

I didm't show that much with my first until about 6 months. Am 25 weeks with no.2 now and have a small but proper bump.

tinyshinyanddon Fri 02-Nov-12 18:07:17

I am 20 weeks and not much of a bump. However I did finally tell people at work today and it turns out there has been some speculation which I was surprised about (I was sure I just looked podgy). I am tall and have a large frame. Same deal with DC1 and 2 - small but healthy babies (6lb and 6lb 7oz). Does it get bigger throughout the day? Mine does, almost look pregnant by bedtime (but gone again the next morning).

sausagesandwich34 Fri 02-Nov-12 18:10:11

DD1 I only went into maternity uniform at work at 30 weeks, and then my bump appeared over the weekend

DD2 I had a bump at 14 weeks

don't fret and enjoy being able to bend in the middle for a little bit longer grin

strawberryswing Fri 02-Nov-12 19:35:38

i didnt show properly at all, i quite happily finished my degree at 33 weeks pregnant and nobody knew a thing smile

baby was 7pound1 and perfectly fine , so i wouldnt worry x

loveschocolate Fri 02-Nov-12 20:38:35

Almost 27 weeks but have only had a noticeable bump for the last 3 weeks. Appeared overnight (accompanied by horrendous ligament pain) and has grown rapidly since. Am 5'4 and size 8 - low cut jeans fitted last week but have't attempted them this week as don't want to depress myself!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now