Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Excruciating stabbing pain when baby kicks top of bump - anyone experience this?

(2 Posts)
CountryKitty Fri 02-Nov-12 14:38:45

Just as above really...

Spent all day in hospital yesterday and still no answer. Docs say not usual to be in this much pain but can't find cause. I'm meant to go back if the pain continues, which it has done today. I'd rather not go back to hospital though.

Ideas anyone? I'm 28 weeks with DC3.

ItsMyLastOne Fri 02-Nov-12 17:00:45

I have this too, except it's not just when she's kicking. She's breech or transverse at any time and the pain I'm getting is above her head. It's always a sharp pain and the skin on that part of my bump is incredibly tender. Then I just get random sharp stabbing pains, even when the baby's asleep and not moving at all.

I haven't found anything that helps except painkillers. I've been prescribed co-dydramol 10/500 and that takes the edge off it. I was told I could have co-codamol 30/500 but don't want to take anything stronger. I would rather be in pain than be putting that much codeine into my baby's body.

I am lucky that I have pretty much finished work as of 3 weeks ago, so I have more time at home and rest seems to help a bit. My DP has also been very understanding and doesn't mind me going upstairs to lie down while he does dinner and looks after our 2 year old in the evening. I also can't cope with supermarkets etc as I just can't stand that long so he does that too.

I would just advise as much rest as possible, although tough if you're at work and have children. Have you been prescribed painkillers?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now