Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Asda maternity clothes?

(15 Posts)
sunnysunnyshine Fri 02-Nov-12 08:23:50

Has anybody tried them? Just wondering what the quality was like and if they last well etc. Or if they're just really frumpy?

Going to be near as Asda this morning and wondered if it was worth popping in - I need some maternity clothes (sick of wearing the same couple of things) but really skint.

Pochemuchka Fri 02-Nov-12 08:32:09

When I've been in there they've not really been to my taste (t-shirts with slogans etc) and the work trousers were that sort of shiny material.
Doesn't hurt to pop in though!

Got most of my stuff in H&M in store (very reasonable) and some lovely stretchy 'normal' dresses in DP's.

Otherwise, you're best off looking online. Try asos (quality varies), jojo maman bebe (some good bargains) or if you have time, I got kitted out with basics (vests, long sleeved t shirts, smock tops/jumpers to wear over leggings etc) in Primark for next to nothing.

sundaesundae Fri 02-Nov-12 08:33:40

Sizes are big, choice is limited and the trousers are awful. Next has been very good, their sale was my saviour!

PurplePidjin Fri 02-Nov-12 08:37:08

I don't know about Asda, but I've got 2 Matalan tee shirts that I've practically lived in and they've been fab (36 weeks) nice fit at all stages so far and they've washed well. Ive got a very comfy pair of linen trousers from there too, and they've done well although taken less of a battering iyswim smile

HarlettOScara Fri 02-Nov-12 08:44:45

I got some great vests from Asda Maternity range - just plain black/white. They were a good fit, long length and didn't ride up.

dancinginthemoonlight Fri 02-Nov-12 08:52:17

I liked new look for maternity stuff

carrielou2007 Fri 02-Nov-12 09:17:03

Awful!! I looked online very few tho ga but was going to be near an Asda that had mat clothes for a hospital appt so popped in. Trousers very poor fit and cheap shin material, thirst with slogans, leggins in purple only! I bought a sort of tunic dress to wear over leggins that is nice but generally very poor.

I also went into z New Look that also had mat clothes in store (yipeeeee) fab jeans overbumo £16, some really nice tops sort if riches sleeves thin material but have washed well only £7.99 or 2 for £12. I've since orders more online and they also do pack of three tops £16.99.

I've got great leggins from h xbx m think they were £7 rest is all a but young for md in there blush

carrielou2007 Fri 02-Nov-12 09:18:11

Sorry about the typo's have had three ops in last four months on my eye as you can tell with little success so far blush

mameulah Fri 02-Nov-12 09:18:13

I agree that Matalan is probably better than ASDA. The basic t shirts are fine but the stylish type tops are ill fitting. If you just want a couple of t shirts then they are a really good price, about £6 for two if I remember rightly.

PurplePidjin Fri 02-Nov-12 09:39:40

Fwiw, I'm now a 12 but was a 14-16 not long before i got pg. A lot of my regular stuff still fits now and looks like it'll do me. Particularly anything in a knit fabric - woolly dresses, jersey tee shirts. I couldn't do without maternity jeans but could have got by on sized-up leggings, tights, base tee shirts and long cardigans have also stolen a couple of dp's jumpers

Obviously depends on what kind of work you do, though, none of that is suitable smart office wear smile

EggsMichelle Fri 02-Nov-12 09:41:27

I love my matalan tops, washing brilliantly, very comfy and long enough to go with jeans or leggings (I hate leggings!)

Got my jeans off eBay, next ones in perfect condition for £10 and slightly warn debenham ones for £5.

EggsMichelle Fri 02-Nov-12 09:42:43

I'm also wearing DHs hoodies instead of buying a maternity coat!

tipp2chicago Fri 02-Nov-12 09:45:18

I must have very low standards... I got nearly all my maternity clothes in Asda and was v happy with them. Granted I was sick of looking at them by the end but as I was only wearing them for about 5 months, they were the finest. Jeans were a bit big though so would def recommend H&M for those.

Swanlike Fri 02-Nov-12 11:22:12

I didn't like the jeans from Asda under the bump style and not very comfortable. And the top I got didn't fit over my boobs. Took both back. I'm mostly in Topshop and H & M and my non-maternity clothes that still fit.

RightUpMyRue Fri 02-Nov-12 13:30:57

I bought a couple of t-shirts in there and they're fine.

Can't hurt to go and look.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now