Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pain inbetween my legs :(

(5 Posts)
xmasevebundle Thu 01-Nov-12 23:40:09

I dont know what this is, when ever i open or move my legs the top inside of my legs kills like inside my area but the bone kind of thing?

Its even clicked and made crunching sounds, its quite painful at night, standing and i cant walk that much. When i do the next day it feels like i have been out all weekend on the piss with 6inch heels on.

My lower back is just in pain all the time so thats just become normal to me sad.
I dont really do much because of the pain, it might be lack of movement or something else but its pissing me off i have only had it for about 2-3 getting far more painful each day <sighs>

I have tried baths it just comes back i have looked at SPD but can you get it this late? Im 32+4

osterleymama Fri 02-Nov-12 00:00:29

Yes you can I'm afraid. In my first pregnancy I got it towards the end, the weight of the baby as you get bigger puts extra strain on your pelvis. Ask your midwife for a physio referral.

Secondsop Fri 02-Nov-12 09:55:30

Sounds like SPD. Definitely talk to your midwife. Your doctor may also suggest paracetamol to you - that definitely helped me but i wouldn't want to suggest anyone takes it without checking with their doctor. Don't let them fob you off - a midwife told me it was from sitting with my legs apart at my office desk (which I do not do, and have never done) and that I just had to keep my feet together like a mermaid (can help, but not a solution to existing pain). I had a physio referral via the doctor and it did really help in terms of small movements to help minimise the pain and to keep my pelvis tilted the right way, and in terms of positions I could adopt for a few minutes (although not really office-appropriate!) to take the pressure off my pelvis for a bit of relief. Good luck x

HappySurfWidow Fri 02-Nov-12 12:50:00

I have exactly the same troubles as you! I started having it quite late in my first pregancy and did nothing about it except grin and bear it.

This time, it's come back much earlier (around 20 weeks) and I've been seeing a Physio a couple of times a week and am booking myself in with an Osteopath too (advised to by midwife), as without the regular treatments, I instantly turn into an 80yr old woman hobbling about and groaning at every movement. It's awful.

Definitely, get a referral and get some relief for the pain! Goodluck!

AlisonDB Fri 02-Nov-12 22:26:20

Does sound like SPD, you can get it at any time during your preg, you can even develop it post birth as everything shifts back into place,
Speak with your MW she should be able to refer you for physio.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now