Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

37 weeks pregnant and diarrhea...what to do?

(8 Posts)
ilovecolinfirth Thu 01-Nov-12 20:19:22

I'm 37 weeks and 5 days, and after months of constipation am now suffering from diarrhoea. Last night was up every hour with gassy pains, and since 5am every time I've needed the loo it's not been for my usual wee.

What can I do? What's safe to take? Supermarket pharmacy refused to sell me anything without a prescription, but can't get docs appointment...eughhhhhhh....poorly tum!

lia66 Thu 01-Nov-12 20:35:16

How are you in yourself, natures clear out can be an indicator of early labour

Pack your hospital bag grin

FairiesWearPoppies Thu 01-Nov-12 20:37:39

I agree could be sign of labour!!

ChicMama25 Thu 01-Nov-12 20:42:40

This happened to me I think 24 maybe 48 hrs before DD was born... I say pack yo bags!!! wink

ilovecolinfirth Thu 01-Nov-12 20:45:39

Ooh, would be good to go into labour soon, but not getting any other signs....hmmmm...will let you know what happens!

ilovecolinfirth Fri 02-Nov-12 08:59:02

Diarrhea lasted on off throughout the night, at 2am had a mixture of back ache and stomach cramps roughly every 5 minutes, but nothing too painful. After 2 hours managed to get back to sleep and all seems back to normal again this morning. Hmmmm, does this mean I'm still ages away or will things start properly soon?

FairiesWearPoppies Fri 02-Nov-12 09:44:39

Sounds like things are starting to me! Oh exciting! Keep us posted and good luck

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now