Talk

Advanced search

dream genii pillow

(17 Posts)
panicnotanymore Thu 01-Nov-12 14:43:58

I'm 22 weeks, haven't been able to sleep properly for a while now, and have been getting horrible back ache as a result of trying to sleep on my side and twisting my back due to lack of support for the bump. Just got the dream genii pregnancy pillow, and omg it is a life saver. Supports bump and back - so comfortable and not bulky in the bed. I'm nothing to do with the company, just wanted to share! Can't wait for a proper night's sleep tonight.

zillyzilly Thu 01-Nov-12 14:45:05

Yes, I've got it - it's great, isn't it?

weeblueberry Thu 01-Nov-12 14:58:48

I'm thinking of buying one of these. I'm only 13 weeks but my back/pelvis/legs have been aching something terrible. Do you think its worthwhile at this stage?

BonaDea Thu 01-Nov-12 15:29:06

Perfect. Picked one up today and couldn't decide. Have started to get sore hips... Will invest at the weekend!

18+1

chocchoc30 Thu 01-Nov-12 17:21:39

I have one as well and I love it although often wake up on my back with the pillow on top of me!!!!!

I've had mine since about 13 weeks.

JoJoB77 Thu 01-Nov-12 17:29:27

I can thoroughly recommend one too. I'm 33 weeks with DC2 and managed with loads of pillows surrounding me last time. But after the worst nights sleep (or none sleep) at the weekend, i splashed out on one & its made such a difference smile

Nothingontvat3am Thu 01-Nov-12 17:31:20

I still love mine and my daughter is 14 months old! grin perfect on nights dh is away and I need something to cuddle.

Dandelion75 Thu 01-Nov-12 18:37:11

I love mine too! Got it around 13 weeks and already imagine I will still be using it well after the LO has arrived grin

Chunkychicken Thu 01-Nov-12 19:45:50

I started using my dream genii pillow at about 14wks this time around when my hips started hurting earlier than with my DD and actually, I think it has contributed to my hips being much less sore at a later sage in ths pregnancy. I totally recommend it.

CanonFodder Thu 01-Nov-12 19:47:23

I still use mine and youngest dc is 2.5! grin

Dogsmom Thu 01-Nov-12 20:01:27

Where's the best place to buy one? and can you roll over with them? I know we should be on our left if possible but I get bad pressure pains in my hips if I lie on one side for too long.

FatimaLovesBread Thu 01-Nov-12 20:37:59

I love mine! Got it from John Lewis as it was £10 cheaper than mamas and papas and other places.

Dogsmom They're designed for lying on the left but I can't spend a whole night on the same side. To lay with it on your right you can use the back support under your bump and pull the leg bit through from behind. Or maybe you could flip it but i'd find that too much of a hassle in the middle of the night, I just turn and leave the pillow where it is

KnackeredCow Thu 01-Nov-12 21:04:38

I love mine too! And second what Fatima said about JL - cheapest supplier I found too when looking.

Panzee Thu 01-Nov-12 21:06:09

I might get one of these.
But my sore hips have nearly all gone now I've bought a memory foam mattress topper. Pricey but I've been sleeping so much better now!

memphis83 Thu 01-Nov-12 21:11:21

T K Maxx had then when I was pg, I sold it on ebay for the same as I bought it for, seen them in our local one recently too.

panicnotanymore Fri 02-Nov-12 08:39:03

I got mine from the dream genii website. Not the cheapest option, but returns are free if you think it isn't for you when it turns up. Arrived next day so brilliant service.

Slept through until 5.30am last night.... I usually wake every half hour or so, so a massive improvement smile

Dogsmom - the pillow reduces the pressure on your hips. I didn't need to turn all night, and was only a little bit sore in the morning. It is awkward to turn the pillow, but I'd still say it was worth getting.

CalamityJ Fri 02-Nov-12 17:50:47

I bought one on the advice of a friend and whilst it is better than a big bulky bolster sausage it's not been the magic cure I was hoping for. I got mine from Mothercare which seems to be the more expensive way of doing it (£45.99) but it was the nearest to me and I was desperate! I get one good night in two with it rather than no good nights so it is better but just to advise it's not necessary the 100% solution. Good to support the bump and takes up much less room than other pillows but hips and back still hurt in the morning. I've taken to using a normal pillow between my legs as well but that doesn't necessarily help either. I'd say it's worth a go but maybe go for somewhere that lets you do returns just in case.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now