Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

please helppp

(32 Posts)
stephbecominglittler Thu 01-Nov-12 12:04:59

hiii .... i recently done a boots own brand pregnancy test to fine a really faint + sign . whata gettin on my nerves is that ive done a first response and it looks negative . i read leaflet that came with boots test and it says no matter how faint as long as there is a plus sign its positive ? i dont think it was an evapration line as it came up within minutes but confused because other tests say negativr . had a mc in june and can not bare a negative answer pls help me x x x

InchyInchy Thu 01-Nov-12 12:09:41

Did you do the boots test with morning wee and then the other one with afternoon wee - at an early stage that could make a huge difference, especially if you aren't late.

If it was me I would test again tomorrow morning to make sure but I line is a line and chances are it's good news. It's far more likely to get a false negative result than a false positive result.

stephbecominglittler Thu 01-Nov-12 12:13:34

hi . yes boots test was first urine of day . others were not . i done another asda testand first response this morning and i cant c anything xx

stephbecominglittler Thu 01-Nov-12 12:14:24

and not due on till the 4th nov x

InchyInchy Thu 01-Nov-12 12:18:24

It could just be too early for a line to show up, it could even be down to simply having more diluted urine from drinking more, even in first morning wee.

I was getting false negative tests the day of my period then two or three days later strong positives, it might be best just to wait to the weekend - i know so much easier said than done!

Or else order some internet cheapies from Amazon (they're just the same strips that the Dr's use) and you can use lots but not spend huge amounts of money.

I will keep my fingers crossed for you.

stephbecominglittler Thu 01-Nov-12 12:21:09

im going to try hold out till monday . its just really confusing for me awww thank u xx

Ladylike1 Thu 01-Nov-12 13:10:36

Good luck smile

stephbecominglittler Thu 01-Nov-12 13:44:02

thank u so nervous x x

weeblueberry Thu 01-Nov-12 13:51:06

If you're going to wait til Monday anyway I'd support Inchy's suggestion of getting some from Amazon. I bought a 20 pack of the test strips before I got pregnant and its just as well as the day I got my positive I used 7... blush

stephbecominglittler Thu 01-Nov-12 13:57:15

im thinking of getting them of amazon ;-)i just cant bare a neg :-( all thats confusing me is a boots own brand can be used four days before a period and a first response can be used upto 6 days early . boots one was positive first responce looked neg x

weeblueberry Thu 01-Nov-12 14:17:04

Aye but pet you did it with your afternoon wee. There's a good chance that at that time you'd have had a negative no matter what you used. If you had a positive first thing I'd be more inclined to go with that. See what happens on Monday but I have my fingers crossed for you. smile

NAR4 Thu 01-Nov-12 15:16:25

Don't worry. It is prob that you are just testing a bit too early. I got a positive on the preg test at home and then my dr wanted to check and got a negative. Turns out I was pregnant after all.

SecretCermonials Thu 01-Nov-12 15:22:11

Boots tests are blue dye and crosses aren't they? Id go with super drug own brand or similar red dye, as blue dye tests can be unreliable

stephbecominglittler Thu 01-Nov-12 15:52:54

yh the blue dye ones i had . me and the oh really want a + thanks for ur support guysxx

ChicMama25 Thu 01-Nov-12 20:49:26

In my experience these tests take ages to give a positive I knew I was pg as had not had period for almost 2mos but they kept coming back neg!! Eventually got faint cross... After the required time limit! Good luck even a faint cross means there is hormone x

debbie1412 Thu 01-Nov-12 20:57:23

1st response has always served me well. X

sundaesundae Thu 01-Nov-12 21:13:57

First response early response gave me 3 negs, as did clearblue, cheapo one gave me a pos which I ignored as FR was neg.... guess which one was wrong ;) Now 20 weeks!

HavingALittleFaithBaby Thu 01-Nov-12 22:09:10

Sorry to say I've had false positives with that type of test before. I would try to wait til when AF is due and test again then with a different type of type (not blue dye). Hope it's a positive for you smile

stephbecominglittler Fri 02-Nov-12 14:03:13

thanks guys ;-) i have three very very faint positives all first mornin tests rest r neg due to testin in the day due on on 4th not long now got everything crossed ! xx

Splinters Fri 02-Nov-12 14:19:58

Boots own brand ones are different depending on whether you get the single pack or the 2-pack! 2-pack ones are purple dye and better.

stephbecominglittler Fri 02-Nov-12 14:33:22

i got a two pack but dye is blue x x

stephbecominglittler Sat 03-Nov-12 19:16:55

also done two pregnancy strips hold them upto light and two really really faint lines x x

HavingALittleFaithBaby Sat 03-Nov-12 20:53:26

Ooh that sounds promising! smile

stephbecominglittler Sun 04-Nov-12 06:19:41

u think :-D ?xxxx

stephbecominglittler Sun 04-Nov-12 06:37:34

clearblue digital is negative :'( xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now