Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Will it hurt my baby? Stupid question?!?

(6 Posts)
NewMrsH Thu 01-Nov-12 07:23:54

Hey,

I'm 19 weeks and in maternity jeans but the band sits right where my baby lies, will it restrict the baby or hurt it in any way whilst I'm sitting at my desk etc??

Thanks

Xxx

BuntyCollocks Thu 01-Nov-12 07:26:57

No, you won't.

Longdistance Thu 01-Nov-12 07:38:34

No, there's plenty of fluid in there to protect baby smile

Dogsmom Thu 01-Nov-12 08:42:07

I've got 2 different styles, one is classed as under bump and like yours sits higher, oddly enough the 'over bump' ones has the denim waist band lower then a stretchy panel that covers the bump.

I find the ones that go across the bump are so uncomfortable when I sit and it's impossible to bend without really squashing her and it's painful for me so can't be too pleasant for her, I'm 22 weeks so not huge yet and doubt I'll wear them for much longer.

beckslovestimmy Thu 01-Nov-12 10:06:01

I got my over bump jeans at about 12 weeks I'm now 28 weeks and still in the same ones. I find if I sit forward and the denim bit digs in I get lots of squirms and kicks, I guess it's uncomfortable for my little bun. If I change position and sit back bun settles down. I only wear my jeans out and about as soon as I get home I change into leggings or pj's, will be getting some maternity leggings this week, also I tried normal tights this week, didn't work, way too tight. Elasticated waist all the way!!!

ZuleikaD Thu 01-Nov-12 10:18:37

No, it'll be fine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now