Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pregant with clomid

(11 Posts)
Lisa0813 Wed 31-Oct-12 19:20:17

Hello am new,

I have taken 50g clomid for a month and just found out yesterday that its worked for me I am only just preg 4weeks

Here where am very worried we been trying for past 3year and gave 1yr ago i had a miss miscarrage i was 11week6day
so i gave up and never really tryed up well was not using anything but then again not really trying lots either but 2mth ago we decided to try again I went to my doc who gave me clomid as this is what got me preg last time.

So I am over the moon but an starting to read different post on different site that say taking clomid can cause mc :-( am now frighten to move let alone do much as I think it's going to happen again:-(

This is where I hope u can put my mined at easy has anyone taken clomid and got preg and gone full term??

andrea315 Wed 31-Oct-12 19:25:49

I did and have a happy healthy 6 year old now x

Lisa0813 Wed 31-Oct-12 19:27:53

Andrea315

That brilliant!! I can't tell u how happy that made me feel nearly all the post I've read say they mc from 6/16 weeks :-{
I haven't got doc till 13th nov so worried

tipp2chicago Wed 31-Oct-12 19:29:25

I have a 4 month old sitting on my knee this minute who was conceived using Clomid!

She's looking super cute in her pumpkin costume too!

andrea315 Wed 31-Oct-12 19:46:31

It was my first and last time pregnant and she is a beautiful 6 year old I also have pcos and I think that is ment to increase the risk of miscarriage and I was fine good luck sent your way x

Lisa0813 Wed 31-Oct-12 19:58:49

Tipp2chicago

Oh thank u , and bless her in pumpkin out fit

Finger x all will b ok this time :-)

Lisa0813 Wed 31-Oct-12 20:01:15

Andrea315
Thank u I have pcos as well am just scard I don't want to lose or even go throw what I went throw last time, but trying to think positive :-)

plannedshock Wed 31-Oct-12 20:40:16

I'm 16+5 with pcos and used clomid, worked 2nd time 50mg I asked about mc after I had a scan at 6-7wks and was told because they had seen a heart beat chances were reduced so think its exactly the same as normal conception. Good luck and congratulations!

InPraiseofOldHouses Wed 31-Oct-12 20:53:45

Congratulations!
I got pregnant on Clomid and have pcos. I'm currently 25 weeks and all is well. Just wanted to add another positive story to the list! Good luck!

RubyrooUK Wed 31-Oct-12 21:33:16

I got pregnant on Clomid with unexplained fertility. That baby is now a very cheeky two year old and I am 21 weeks pregnant with his younger brother, conceived entirely spontaneously.....grin

For what it's worth, I've miscarried twice before. I didn't miscarry on Clomid (as you can tell from me having my son) so I think you should think to yourself that it makes no difference to your chances. Yes, miscarriage is an option, but it always is. Hopefully all will work out this time for you.

emmyloo2 Thu 01-Nov-12 07:38:39

I have a 2 year old who was conceived using Clomid. I think once you are pregnant it makes no difference that you used Clomid to stimulate ovulation. That is all Clomid does. I also had PCOS however being pregnant seemed to cure it. I am now almost 11 weeks with DC2 this time conceived naturally as I was ovulating again.

And don't worry abut something happening. I ran and exercised as per normal pregnancy one and I am doing the same for this pregnancy. The baby is very safe inside.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now