Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Chelsea & Westminster Kensington Wing.....any experience?

(7 Posts)
Star111 Wed 31-Oct-12 18:01:31

Hi all, I'm new!! smile
I have just found out I am pregnant (4+4) and would like to take private pregnancy care at the C&W hospital.
Some friends highly recommended Dr Mark Johnson but just phoned his secretary and he will be on holiday from just a few days after my expected due date in July....aaarghhhhhh
Is there any of you who is having/had experience with a good consultant obstetrician at the Kensington Wing and would like to share her experience?

Any answer will be welcome!!!

THANK YOU!
xx

Star111 Wed 31-Oct-12 18:20:43

anyone?....... sad

Andromaca Wed 31-Oct-12 18:33:29

Congratulations!!thanks

I had my 2 DC with Zoe Penn and she is brilliant. She is a no-nonsense person and i prefer this way but she is very prepared and very calming ( i had preeclampsia with DD from week 30 and she spotted it a good 2 weeks before: dd was born 36+6). She gets booked really quickly so the sooner you call the better.

Oh, and her secretary/amministrative assistant is a godsend: i had prolem with my insurance and she sorted it out for me.

Ihatepeas Wed 31-Oct-12 18:47:40

Can recommend really Chelsea and Westminster hospital I've had fantastic care. I'm nhs though.

emeraldgirl1 Wed 31-Oct-12 18:52:35

Hi I am using the Kensington wing having somehow found a way to afford it!!! I have no real idea about the facilities on the wing itself, sorry, I wasn't that bothered about finding out what the rooms were like etc. I chose the wing because of Roshni Patel who I am now seeing as my obstetrician. I love her, she is great and exactly what I needed (am anxious first timer who needs a bit of hand holding...) Other docs have great reputations there too but certainly if you really need a bit of soothing Roshni is your woman. Calm and kind and no question is too stupid!

Congrats btw!!

mignonette Wed 31-Oct-12 18:54:18

My son born there in '94 and Mark Johnson and Richard Smith performed my CS as I had a ruptured urinary bladder and uterus.

Mark Johnson saved my life in a 4 hour operation after the midwife failed to act when I started bleeding very heavily-claimed it was a 'show' (HA!) and only acted when the FHR decelerated to a negligible rate.

Richard isn't there now. I recommend the C&W especially for its proximity to decent restaurants/street food as the hospital food was terrible....

Star111 Thu 01-Nov-12 12:48:58

Thank you all for your answers!!!!!!!!!!!

and for the congrats.... I still find it hard to believe...and to even pronounce it! We haven't told anyone yet!
I was actually thinking of booking with Zoe Penn and glad to hear that some of you have had positive experience with her!! her secretary is off until Monday though....so hopefully I will manage to book with Zoe for the w/c 19th Nov after my first early dating scan.....so excited!

xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now