Talk

Advanced search

Stretch marks and figure recovery for second pregnancy

(6 Posts)
LoveInAColdClimate Wed 31-Oct-12 17:40:20

Total vanity query! We are starting to think about a second baby and I was just wondering... if I escaped without a single stretch mark and got my figure back within six weeks for my first baby, is the same likely to be true second time around? Not that DS1 will remain an only child if you all say "naaaaah, you could well end up looking like a stripy whale", just wondering? TIA.

frantic51 Wed 31-Oct-12 17:47:24

If you are not prone to stretch marks, that's not likely to change. I had three large babies and have not a stretch mark on me. As to figure, I can't help as it took me a year of hard work to get mine back after DC1 and after DC2 had really bad PND so didn't get it back at all before getting pregnant with DC3! After that it was too big a hill to climb so... sad

LoveInAColdClimate Wed 31-Oct-12 19:16:21

Thanks... think will just have to think that what will be, will be. Sorry to hear about PND.

frantic51 Wed 31-Oct-12 19:45:28

Not at all, my youngest will be 18 in March so 'twas a wee while ago now! grin

LoveInAColdClimate Wed 31-Oct-12 20:09:25

Hahaha! Ah well, sorry it happened at the time!

fraktion Wed 31-Oct-12 20:29:28

I think it would depend on a lot of things - gaps between pregnancies, activity levels during and after etc.

What will be will be is the only way to look at it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now