Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Sore knee joints? Pregnancy related or fat cow related?

(3 Posts)
weeblueberry Wed 31-Oct-12 16:14:15

The last week or so my right knee has been absolutely killing me everytime I move it. I just sort of put up with it and assumed I had a touch of housemaids knee. But in the last couple of days my left knee has gone too! It seems odd that it's come at the same time my pelvis has got really sore (at 13 weeks I'm pretty much assuming this is PG related...). Now I'm not the lightest of girls (size 14) but haven't noticed this before...

Could my sore knees be something to do with el bambino? Maybe hormonal or some such?

I really don't know anything about these things as I'm sure you've gathered. wink

PandaWatch Thu 01-Nov-12 12:25:16

I've been getting this too for the last couple of weeks (15 + 1 today). Feeling like a right old woman! I'm a size 10 and haven't gained much yet so don't think it's weight related (not that size 14 is exactly huge!!).

Any recommendations for dealing with it would be appreciated!

incyspider Thu 01-Nov-12 12:57:54

I have this too in one hip and one knee apparently it is to do with ligaments loosening. Mention it to your midwife the next time you see them or phone if it is really bothering you.
So far my midwife is just monitoring it because its not bad enough for physio or anything like that (As my dh reminds me when I'm being a wimp trying to turn in bed hmm ) Hot water bottles and extra pillows for me!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now